If there are individuals you know that fit the following descriptions, please nominate them for consideration:
1. Most Outstanding Runner Award: Recognizes a club member who has shown or maintained great success in running competitions over a number of years.
2. Multi-Sport/Ultra Award: Recognizes a club member for marked success or contributions to competition outside long-distance running, including but not limited to triathalons, duathalons, and ultramarathons.
3. Comeback of the Year Award: Recognizes a club member for success and dedication to the sport of running despite recent setbacks, obstacles, or hardship.
4. Volunteer Award: You can count on this club member to do any task. Special consideration will go to those who organize a major event and additional individuals who show exemplary participation and enthusiasm. Will exclude all current board members.
5. Most Improved Runner Award: Recognizes an individual club member’s improvement in the current year over the previous year.
6. Outstanding Journalistic Service to the Sport of Running: Recognizes a public journalist who has consistently covered and publicized the sport of running in the greater New Jersey area for several years in a manner beneficial to the sport and our club.
7. Club Spirit Recognition (A.K.A Sunshine) Award: Recognizes a club member who has shown a great dedication to improving the morale and spirit of the club, whose efforts have helped make the club more enjoyable for the members, and who otherwise has not received recognition directly from the club for his/her contributions.
8. Outstanding Club Member Award: Recognizes a club member who has been a consistent and dedicated volunteer to our club and who has had a significant impact on the success of the club. The recipient should be someone who is both currently involved and has been contributing for several years prior and continues to serve a valuable role in the club.
9. Allen Paul Award:Recognizes one board member each year for his/her outstanding contributions to the club as a member of the Board of Directors. It should take into account the level of dedication, commitment, altruism and integrity of the member in furthering the mission and goals of the club.
10.Lew Gibb Award:This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant and dedicated contribution to the sport of running in New Jersey in the spirit of Lew Gibb. An independent committee selects this award.
11. Miscellaneous Award:Recognizes a club member for their dedication, efforts and sometimes even their quirks - awards in the past have included the Silver Sneaker, Golden Penguin, Short-Shorts, and Outstanding Achievement. U