BHM Live 2020: Call For Commissions
BHM Live is an initiative which seeks to support emerging artists from the African and African Caribbean Diaspora based in the UK. The initiative works across all art forms to mentor and share their ideas, and showcase their work. For BHM Live 2020, the commission seeks to explore multifaceted projects that translate into print with digital elements.
BHM Live is offering three artists:
- Support and mentorship from industry leads throughout the process.
- The opportunity to showcase new work for Black History Month Leicester (October 2020) which will feature as part of Legacy, a new magazine and also online.
- £1000 commission to support the development of the new work.
- Resources to support with pitching and marketing.
- Opportunities to build industry network.
To be considered for the BHM Live programme each artist will need to:
- Be an emerging artist from the African and African Caribbean Diaspora and based in the UK.
- Complete the BHM Live application form demonstrating a track record of producing quality work which is innovative, diverse and suitable for the general public.
- Submit photographs, video clips, web links, images or documents that evidence existing work.
- Be in a position to complete an artistic commission by the end of August 2020.
- Be available for artistic mentorship sessions (via Skype/Zoom) throughout June-November 2020.
In a new development for this initiative Serendipity will commission three artists to create work for that will feature as part of Legacy, a new magazine for Black History Month Leicester and also shared online during October 2020. Serendipity are looking for proposals that would be suitable for publication in a magazine, but also have a digital element to them. For example; a series of five or six illustrations and a time-lapse video of their creation, a series of photographs with audio interviews with each sitter or a series of poems with spoken word element. Artists will be mentored throughout the process.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday 30 June 2020, 11.59pm (BST).
For more information please call 0116 482 1394 or email
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Serendipity.