Please read over all information carefully and enter your information correctly so that the application may be processed.
More information about the Digital Media Academy can be found at http://www.mchsdigitalmedia.com/
More information about the Engineering and Design Academy can be found at http://www.mchsengineeringdesignacademy.com/
Questions can be addressed to Christina Councill - Academy Coordinator at (984) 212-6237 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must direct these two teachers to this online form to fill out their recommendation:https://tinyurl.com/mchsacademyteacherrec/
* I am making a commitment to the full four (4) years of the program that includes the courses outlined in the curriculum sequence.
* Regular updates may be sent home via email to both the Academy member and parent/guardian. It is necessary for me to have a valid email address on file.
* I must report to Academy activities, off-site/on-site learning experiences, job shadowing, and internship opportunities dressed appropriately in business attire and/or our specified Academy uniform.
* After graduation, I will be expected to fill out a periodic information sheet, keeping the Academy Coordinator updated of my progress.
* I must maintain academic excellence while enrolled in the Academy. This includes striving to maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 at the end of each academic year. Dismissal from the program may result if my GPA falls below this standard. (A performance improvement plan will be completed before being removed)
* All Academy students must successfully complete Academy requirements (course selections, job shadowing, internships, field trips, etc.).
* I fully understand that the 135-hour internship is a district-mandated requirement in order to graduate from the Academy. This will be for academic credit and should be completed the summer between junior and senior year. I understand that I will receive a grade for this requirement as an internship course on my transcript. Failure to complete the internship will result in a failing grade on my high school transcript.
* I understand that by participating in the academy I may not be able to participate in band, chorus, or the AP Capstone Academy, due to scheduling conflicts with Academy course requirements.
* Dismissal from the program may result from continuing disciplinary problems with any teacher or after a suspension (ISS or OSS) from school. A behavior improvement plan will be completed before being removed.
* I will join a Career & Technical Student Organization (CTSO), such as SkillsUSA, during my 4 years in the academy.
* I will be required to pay a non-refundable $50 Academy Fee to cover an Academy Polo shirt, graduation cord, etc. Financial assistance may be available, if needed.
* If I have any questions or problems with regard to any aspect of the Academy program, I can contact the Academy Coordinator, Christina Councill at (984) 212-6237 or by email at email@example.com.
Note that these are highly competitive programs and space is limited in each of our academies. We accept up to 24 students into each academy, each year.
* In compliance with federal law, Wake County Public School System administers all education programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
* Applications to attend the either Career Academy at Middle Creek High School will only be processed if the student is assigned to Middle Creek High School.
* Both Middle Creek High School Academies are four (4) year programs that require successful completion of specific courses and several work-based learning experiences, including an internship. These requirements must be met for completion of the Career Academy. Parents and students are in agreement with this application and commit to being a student in the Career Academy for 4 years.
* Placement in a Middle Creek High School Career Academy is a privilege that both students and parents must take seriously. Each Career Academy program relies heavily on parent/guardian participation. Many opportunities will be offered to support these programs such as time, community outreach, committee service, fundraisers, etc. By signing below, you acknowledge that you are aware of the impact that parent participation has on this program and that you will be contacted at various times throughout the four years to provide support.