Converse and Cook Volunteer Form
Do you like food? Do you like chatting with people? Could you use some volunteer hours to spruce up your resume/CV? If so maybe consider volunteering with Converse and Cook. You can sign up below with your name and the projects you'd be interested in helping out with and we'll get back to you in the next couple weeks with more details :D If you need more information don't hesitate to email Mishma or Juanita at
Thanks for your interest.
Note if you're interested in volunteering to help with campus cooking classes and grocery buses at the University of Alberta please go here to sign up for volunteering :
We have a multitude of on-going projects that we could use your help with. As of right now we don't have a set "hour limit" or volunteer duties, but that means you can have more of a leadership role in helping get these projects off the ground.
Projects this term:
1) Yeg Cookbook/ Campus Wide Cookbook : We're currently in the process of cultivating stories and recipes for a new cookbook to be launched in April. We need help with everything from designing, photographers, writers, and more.
Projects that'll commence in the spring/summer 2019 (but that we need help with this term):
2) Safari Dinners: We're working with local restaurants and non-profits to highlight their food story through a safari/progressive dinner ( you can read what these are here:
). We'll need help with the logistics of putting on this event.
3) Dinner Talks: We're trying to host cooking classes with conversations pointed on specific themes ( such as women empowerment, bi-cultural experiences, mental health) to help build community off campus. Again we'll need help with the logistics of setting these up.
Projects to launch in Fall 2019:
4) Cooking classes in junior high/high schools: Basically what we're doing right now at the UofA but for junior high/ high schools.
5) CSL non-credit opportunity placements: This is only opened to UAlberta students pursuing the Certificate in Community Service Learning. If you're considering doing a non-credit option get in touch with us. We've worked with/ hosted CSL students in the past and can work with you to come up with a project that you're interested in pursuing. Past projects have included: developing a cooking class format and developing a volunteer training manual.
Which project(s) would you be interested in helping out with
All of them/ it doesn't really matter
Yeg/ Campus Wide Cookbook
Junior high/ high school cooking classes
CSL non-credit opportunity
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Alberta.
Terms of Service