MHM Webinar Series
There is a growing interest in the development sector on menstrual hygiene (MH), and more organisations are working on this issue. WASH United, Simavi and World Vision are launching a webinar series focusing on the menstrual hygiene landscape as an activity under the MH Alliance. This five-part, weekly webinar series will launch the week of 28 May (Menstrual Hygiene Day), with a different topic each week. This series aims to touch on many of the complex aspects of MH, including evidence, product considerations, infrastructure, behaviour change and policy.
About the series
Below is a summary of the objectives, deliverables, outline and topics for these webinars:
Overall objective: To document and promote learning and connection between menstrual hygiene practitioners and interested professionals from different sectors, with a specific aim to refine and advance the global MH agenda. More specifically, we hope to:
● Providing a platform for sharing and learning on MH
● Building a global MH movement
● Giving NGOs in the global south a platform to share and learn
● Creating a community of practice on MH
Deliverables: After each webinar, a one-page learning document will be produced noting key points discussed, questions for further discussion, resources highlighted, and action items identified. Learning and exchange will be consolidated and shared, such as in upcoming forums like the High-level Political Forum, as well via MH Day website and newsletter.
The webinar will take place every Thursday starting on 31 May 2018. It is free-of-charge and open to all interested professionals and individuals from all sectors. These webinars will be recorded and posted online for future access. The recording links will also be emailed to everyone who registers.
• Webinar 1: Menstrual hygiene: the issue, evidence and gaps, 31 May, 1200h UTC. This is the link to join this webinar. The webinar will be open to join 30 minutes prior to start time:
• Webinar 2: Solutions to improve knowledge, practices and attitudes, 7 June, 1200h UTC
• Webinar 3: Creating access to menstrual products, 14 June, 1400h UTC
• Webinar 4: Infrastructure solutions for MH, 21 June, 1200h UTC
• Webinar 5: Advocating for MH, 11 or 12 July (potentially at the High Level Political Forum) -- will be available virtually
Please indicate your interest in these webinars below, and you will receive a follow-up email with more details about the webinar. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Kristie Urich:
Which webinars are you interested in attending?
All five webinars
Webinar 1: Menstrual hygiene: the issue, evidence and gaps, 31 May, 12 pm UTC
Webinar 2: Solutions to improve knowledge, practices and attitudes, 7 June, 12 pm UTC
Webinar 3: Creating access to menstrual products, 14 June, 1400h UTC
Webinar 4: Infrastructure solutions for MH, 21 June, 1200h UTC
Webinar 5: Advocating for MH, 11 or 12 July (potentially at the High Level Political Forum) -- will be available virtually
Please keep me informed of future updates!
Please let us know if you have any comments or questions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service