If you would like to play a more participatory role in this event, or if you simply can't afford a ticket, we are offering the opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and get involved behind the scenes. In exchange for (3) five hour shifts of work between July 18th and 24th, you will receive a Rootwire Staff T-shirt, an Official RW2K17 poster, early access to the good camping spots, and, of course, free entry to the festival!
Like many other events, we require a DEPOSIT in the amount of the gate ticket price of $120.00, which will be returned at the end of the weekend when you have fulfilled your volunteer responsibilities. Please note that your credit card will be charged the full amount at the time of deposit. You will receive the deposit money back, in cash, at the end of the festival, once all of your duties have been fulfilled.
To participate you must be 18 years or older.
Volunteers will be working with one of 12 teams during the weekend:
- The Ceremonial Team - (This team will help build the ceremonial and nest area at Rootwire. We need you to work Tuesday, July 18th and Wednesday, July 19th for 8 hours each day. There will be no other shifts for you during the festival!)
- The Green Team - (This Team will be constantly patrolling the festival grounds and keeping it clean and free of litter. We will be recycling AND composting this year so any knowledge in these matters will be helpful.)
- The Parking Team - (This Team will assist all patrons to park their vehicles in an efficient and organized manner so that we can fit as many cars as possible into the parking lots as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.)
- The Front Gate Team - (This Team will be assisting the Front Gate Coordinators with passing out wristbands, garbage/recycling bags, and Festival Programs to all patrons.)
- The Production Team - (This Team will be assisting the Production Staff with band change overs on the Main and Side Stages. You MUST be able bodied and able to lift heavy objects. Previous experience handling musical equipment is necessary.)
- The Stage Team - (This Team will be helping to set up the stages/sound equipment. It is only (2) 7-hour shifts and you have the whole festival off, but you must arrive and be checked in by Monday night, July 17th to be ready for the stage set up at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 18th. You also need to be available Wednesday, July 19th to unload stage equipment and continue with the finalization of the stage set ups. You must be strong and able bodied.)
- The Tear Down Team - (The stages will be torn down on Saturday Night immediately following the final band at 3 a.m. You must be strong and able bodied. You must be present at 2 a.m. and sober at tear down to earn your deposit back.)
- The Dishwashing Team - (In an effort to eliminate waste from vendors ... the #1 contributor of non-recyclable waste at festivals! ... Rootwire will be implementing a Dish Washing Station to supply all patrons with re-usable dishware!)
- Merchandise Booth - (This Team will be helping to sell the Band and Rootwire Merchandise during the festival. You must be organized and friendly :)
- The Security Team - (This Team will be assisting the Security Staff to make sure that proper credentials are presented to obtain entry to back stage, parking, hospitality, and staff camping areas as well as to watch over backstage equipment and installation artwork.)
- The Hospitality Team - (This Team will be assisting the Hospitality Coordinator to make sure the Artist Hospitality areas are always clean and properly stocked.)
-The Quarter Master Team (2 Teams) - (This team will help organize and keep track of all festival equipment being used throughout the weekend. Attention to detail and organization skills a must! The first team Volunteers are needed Pre-Fest, starting Monday, July 17 - Wednesday, July 19 and will work (3) 5-hour shifts. The Second Team will be needed during the fest/post-fest. These Volunteers will also work (3) 5-hour shifts, but it will be Thursday, July 20 - Sunday July 24. If you select The Quarter Master Team, please indicate if you can work Pre-Fest or Regular Hours in the Skills section of the application.)
- The Runner Team - (This team will be responsible for picking people up from the airport and hotels and dropping them off at the festival. You will also be responsible for returning people to the airport and hotels from the festival. Shopping Volunteers are needed Tuesday, July 18 and Wednesday, July 19 and will work (2) 7-hour shifts. All gas will be reimbursed. All gas receipts need to be turned in for proper reimbursement. MUST have CLEAN and RELIABLE transportation, cell phone and a VALID driver's license with proof of insurance.)
If your application is accepted and there is still room, we will notify you at the email address you provide below. We will also send you the details of how to pay your deposit. You will receive your shift schedule and staff T-shirt when you check in at the festival grounds. Keep in mind that each person will receive at least one late-night shift, unless noted above.
Thanks again for your time and interest in becoming part of the Rootwire Family! :)
ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER MAY 1, 2017 WILL OFFICIALLY BE ON A WAITING LIST. If there is a cancellation, you will be notified as soon as possible!! Thanks again!
Please fill out the below information.