HIFF 2017 Survey
Give us your feedback so next year's HIFF can be even better!
1. How many screenings did you attend at HIFF this year?
5 or more
2. Are you a filmmaker?
Nope, just like watching movies.
I'm an aspiring filmmaker.
VENUE (NEPTUNE'S Scotiabank Stage Theatre)
Let us know your thoughts about HIFF'S venue for 2017
3. Did you enjoy the screening venue?
Yes! I thought it was great fit for HIFF.
It was alright.
No. It didn't fit HIFF's "vibe".
Do you have any additional thoughts, suggestions, or comments about the venue?
4. Did you enjoy the 2017 film selections?
Yes! There were so many films that peaked my interest.
Mostly. There were a few films that sounded interesting.
Meh. Wasn't taken with the programming selections.
No. I think HIFF can do better.
Do you have any ideas for programming you'd like to see at HIFF?
5. Did you feel like there was enough representation of Atlantic Canadian content?
Yes! I was happy with the quantity of local work and also appreciated seeing international films.
Somewhat. I think there could be a little more Atlantic Canadian content.
No. I felt like Atlantic Canadian content was very underrepresented and would like to see more.
Social media, print media, and communications
6. How did you find out about HIFF? (check as many as apply)
AFCOOP Instagram Account
AFCOOP Big Email Updates
Heard about it from a friend or filmmaker
7. Did you use the HIFF.ca website?
Yes I consulted it many times for festival info.
I glanced at it once or twice.
Nope, never heard of it.
7b) If you answered "Yes" to using the HIFF website, did you find it useful?
Yes! I found it user-friendly and all of the information I was looking for was there.
Mostly. It wasn't super intuitive but I eventually found the information I was looking for.
No. It was lacking information and was difficult to navigate.
Any comments or thoughts about the HIFF website that you'd like to share?
8. Be honest: did you actually read the HIFF updates (Festival Update Emails, blog posts, and "HIFF DAILY" emails)?
Yes I read them, when is the pop quiz?
I scanned them...
No. I never read those.
Parties, Q+A sessions, HIFF Talent Labs, info sessions, etc.
9. Did you attend any of the HIFF Talent Lab sessions? Did you find them useful? (Talent Lab Masterclasses were open to Atlantic Auteurs filmmakers only. Please skip this question if it doesn't apply) .
I didn't end up going. Just didn't feel like it, the weather was super nice that day, etc.
I wasn't able to make it but really wanted to!
I made it to one or a few sessions and loved it! I feel like I benefited from attending.
I made it to one or a few sessions and thought the classes were nice but poorly organized, too long, etc.
10. If you were NOT an Atlantic Auteurs Filmmaker this year, would you be interested in attending the HIFF Talent Lab Masterclasses if they were opened to all festival pass holders?
Yes! I am bummed that I missed out on the masterclasses and would love to attend next year!
I'm intrigued. I would probably go to one or two sessions.
Not really interested in going to workshops. I just want to see films.
11. If you attended a screening, did you stay for the Q+A session? Was it enjoyable?
No, I left the theatre as soon as the screening ended.
Yes. I loved the Q+A sessions and thought they were great!
Yes. The Q+A sessions are a good idea but they need to be more organized or better moderated.
12. Did you participate in either of the alternative presentations at HIFF (imagineNative VR or DIFFERENT)?
Yes. I went to the DIFFERENT installation.
Yes. I went to the VR Tour.
No. I didn't go to either.
12 b) If you answered "no", what was your reason?
I didn't know about them.
The timing didn't work for me.
I wasn't interested.
Any final thoughts or comments about HIFF?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative.
Terms of Service