DWS STAR Fund Application
DWS is committed to doing what we can to support families who now believe they may no longer be able to afford a Waldorf education due to a change in their financial situation. Our new Stand Together Assistance Relief (STAR) Fund will offer on-time need-based financial relief for the 2020-2021 school year. Offering relief is done with a sense of deep commitment to our families and community.
• The Fund is made available to new and existing DWS families who are planning to or have committed to enroll in the 2020-2021 school year.
• Prioritization will be given to our current families. A small amount of funds will be made available for new families.
• Relief will be one-time for the 2020-2021 school year.
• Applications accepted on rolling basis until September 1, 2020.
• Please only apply for necessary funding and consider the needs of the whole community.
• All information included in this application will be confidential.
• Awards will be made outside of DWS tuition adjustment and scholarships.
• Awards are based upon the availability of funds and applicants are not guaranteed funding.
• Awards are made in the context of preserving the longevity and financial health of the school, beyond COVID-19.
• The determination of awards will be made by members of the STAR Fund Task Force.
• If and when your financial situation recovers, we respectfully invite you to make a contribution to the school, so the school may continue to offer financial support where and when needed.
• STAR Funds awarded will be applied to tuition.
• Acceptance of a STAR Fund award is independent of your enrollment contract.
If you are interested in applying, please read the following and complete the questions below.
Need help with this process? Contact Development Director Craig Bond at
First and Last Names of Parents / Guardians
First and Last Name(s) of your student(s) attending DWS
Please describe the financial impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your family's finances?
Have you experienced or do you expect to experience a job loss due to COVID-19? Why? For how long?
If you own a business, please describe that business and explain how COVID-19 has impacted income to that business.
How will receiving STAR Funds help your student(s) remain enrolled at The Denver Waldorf School.
What specific dollar amount are you requesting from the STAR Fund?
Briefly describe the impact of a DWS education to your student(s).
We welcome your feedback and comments.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Denver Waldorf School.