To foster you must:
* Be 18 years of age or older.
* If you rent your home your landlord needs to let you have a dog.
* Agree to have a home visit done by one of our volunteers. The volunteer will visit with family members and current pets. This will help us understand what breeds and personalities will be a good fit for your home. We prefer homes within 30 miles or so of Munster, Indiana as we are a 100% volunteer run organization and have found that volunteers more than 30-40 miles away are less likely to come to adoption events, get their dogs to our vets, and are harder to arrange meetings with.
* Have the dog wear our ID tag on its collar at all times.
* Never allow foster dog to be left unattended with young children.
* Never allow the foster dog to be off leash when it is outdoors, unless it is in a securely fenced in area.
* Never leave the foster dog outside alone.