2020 Heart of New England Summer Camp Seasonal Staff Application
Join the Camp Staff – the camps of Heart of New England Council have earned an enviable reputation over the past years by providing Scouts with a great camping experience. Opportunities to serve Scouting by being a member of the camp staff are available to outstanding members of the Boy Scouts of America. The requirements are stiff; the job demanding; the experience exhilarating!
1. Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America (or be willing to become one).
2. Age: Be at least 15 years of age by the start of the camp season (June 20, 2020)
3. Uphold the ideals expressed in the Scout Oath and Law.
1. Complete & submit this application prior to November 15, 2019.
2. Applicants will be contacted regarding interviews after a completed application is on file.
3. Attend an interview - Applicants over the age of 18 as of June 20, 2020 will interview over Thanksgiving break; applicants under the age of 18 will interview over the December Holiday break.
Submitting an application does not grant you an interview. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
Questions can be directed via email to
As part of the application, you are required to answer a few questions. The application can not be saved to continue at a later date. Be prepared to answer the following questions before you begin your application (answers limited to 1000 characters):
1) As a member of the camp staff, the unique skills of each individual member help strengthen the staff as a whole. What unique skills do you possess which might be useful in a camp staff job?
2) Working at a Scout camp is an experience which will last a lifetime. Why do you want to work in a Scout camp?
You are also required to submit 3 references with the application. Please be prepared with the reference's name, address, phone number, email, years known, and relationship. Family members can not be used as references.
Applicants are not required to give any information of this form that is prohibited by Federal, State or local law. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Applicants accepted for employment are on a trial basis with a probationary period and if in our judgment it is found that the employee is not adaptable to the work assigned, or that information has been misrepresented, the engagement may be terminated without other reason. In connection with your application for employment, an investigation may be made requesting information as to character, general reputation, personal, characteristics, and mode of living.
Page 1 of 10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Heart of New England Council, BSA.