Group sizes are normally 12 - 20 participants, and limited to a maximum of 40 participants. Camp limit is 350 total participants. Wait lists will be created if numbers exceed this total.
• 6:1 Youth to Adult Ratio is required. Young Adult (18-20 yr old) do not count as adults or youth, but must be pre-approved and fulfill certain expectations. See website for more details; YA’s should plan to attend from July 8 – 14, 2017 (YA’s only on Saturday Night).
• Every participant (youth, adult, YA) will be required to complete an application, medical form and/or other permission release forms.
o Online individual registration will begin as soon as your group reservation and deposit has been accepted- you will be notified by email when your group can register.
o The individual registration forms must be printed, signed and sent to us to guarantee a spot at Encounter;
• EVERY adult (21 yrs by June 1) and young adult (YA) leader (18 yrs by July 9) must have completed their Archdiocesan Child Protection Requirements.
• ALL adult, young adult and youth who are attending Encounter must be completely appropriate for this activity. Any concerns should be addressed before registration takes place. Please refer to website for expected behaviors.
• The final cost per person will be invoiced according to the number of individual registration forms received by June 1; late fees will apply to individual registration forms submitted after June 1 ($50 per)
• Payment in full is due June 30. Early registrations will be invoiced at the discount rate(see below)
• Many parishes set their own fees, based upon scholarships, chaperones, transportation or other needs.
• Parishes are required to participate in some manner of the Encounter program – including but not limited to lunch donations, prayer planning, music, drama, environment, etc.
Parishes CANNOT INCREASE their numbers without prior approval from Encounter. IF a group does not have the minimum number of adults to match their youth count - they WILL have to forfeit youth spots.
ALL ADULTS will be required to participate in a formation session prior to participating (this includes veteran and new adult participants)
Early Bird registrations:
Groups who have sent completed individual registration forms before April 1, will be given a $50 per person discount. Only those application forms in our registry will be honored at that discount price. All registrations and medical forms must be turned in by June 1 with no penalty.
Individual registration forms submitted upon acceptance of the group application are considered binding reservations; once an individual registration form is approved by Encounter, parish/groups are obligated to pay for that spot; if a cancellation occurs prior to June 1, a substitute participant may fill that spot, or the deposit is forfeited. After June 1, if no substitute is made, position is subject to payment in full, with discretionary consideration.
Individuals who are not coming with a group or parish should contact us directly for more information.There is no guarantee of space for individuals without a group affiliation.