Our purpose: bring people together of all skill levels, that manage technology in Vermont's libraries, to discuss the best tools, how to manage them, and move our libraries forward. Hear what other libraries are doing and to share your ideas. Also, 3 credits can be applied to the technology requirement for Dept. of Libraries certification for attending this event.
What is an unconference?
a format, different than a workshop or lecture, a participant-driven approach celebrating our everyday problem solving. We'll collect your ideas and create sessions that center on a tech topic. You can expect to attend 3-4 breakout sessions with colleagues, sharing challenges and innovations
12:00-12:15 meet greet mingle snack
12:15-1:00 intros, overview, anything else, voting on sessions
1:00-1:45 3 breakout sessions
1:45-2:30 3 breakout sessions
2:30-3:15 3 breakout sessions
3:30 evaluation and follow up
10 Tentative sessions based on grouping together what people identified on the web form (together we’ll vote on the schedule, additional topics, and anything else that doesn't fit this framework):
• Keeping up and finding time
• eContent/eBooks/downloadables/online resources
• Open Source ILS – Koha and Evergreen
• Maintaining hardware, printing, wifi, networking, access control
• Websites and social media
• Mobile apps, usability, and connectivity
• Technology training, instruction, and programming for staff and public
• Tech & organizational culture/change: winning support, budgeting, fear, IT
• Makers, digital collections, digital media, content creation
If you still have not registered, fill out your contact info here and help us generate the agenda. We will send out a list of the folks who have registered if you want to arrange carpooling. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions at all.
From the northwest or southern part of the State, take I-89 to Exit 7.
At first stoplight (Paine Turnpike), turn left; Midstate is 1/8 mi. on right.
From the Northeast Kingdom, take Route 2 to the intersection with
Route 302 on the outskirts of Montpelier at the stoplight at Walker
Motors. Go left onto Route 302 and take a right at the first light
(Volkswagen dealer on the right). Right at the third light (Paine
Turnpike), Midstate is 1/8 mi. on right.