Integrated Skills Program 2
First name (Example: Rachen)
Last name (Example: Komalanakul)
School ID number (Example: 123456)
L3T2H - Building conversations
In this lesson, you're going to practise asking and answering conversation questions about famous people.
Task One: Let's do a quiz with some words to help us talk about today's topic. Choose the best word or words to complete each sentence.
1. A _____ is a famous person.
2. It’s my dream to visit China, and one _____ I’ll go there.
3. An _____ is a benefit.
4. _____ is an evening meal.
5. Conversations about people’s private lives are _____ .
6. One _____ of living in a big city is the bad traffic.
7. I’ve watched a lot of clips about UFOs on YouTube, but I’ve never seen one in real _____.
8. My mum and dad always watch the ____ on TV at 6pm.
Task Two: Watch the video and practise answering the questions.
Task Three: Choose the right words to complete the five questions.
1. Who’s _____ favourite celebrity? Why?
Answer: I like Beyoncé the most because she’s a great singer.
2. Would you like _____ famous one day?
Answer: Yes, I would.
3. What are the downsides _____ being a celebrity?
Answer: The downsides are gossip and a loss of freedom.
4. Do you _____ news and gossip about celebrities? Why?
Answer: Yes, I do because their lives are exciting.
5. _____ you ever seen a celebrity in real life? Who?
Answer: Yes, I once saw Daniel Radcliffe.
Task Four: Sam is asking Jennifer some questions about famous people. Choose the best answers for Jennifer.
1. Where do you look when you want to find news and gossip about celebrities?
I check for stories about my favourite actors and singers.
I look on news websites and on Facebook.
I look at it two or three times a day.
2. Which celebrity do you not like at all? Why?
I don’t like Justin Bieber because his music is boring.
No, I wouldn't like to be one at all.
I like to watch documentaries about him and read about his life.
3. Which three celebrities would you most like to have dinner with? Why?
I’d choose Lionel Messi, Ariana Grande and Emma Watson because they're so successful.
I'd probably have Italian food with them because everyone likes pizza.
I'd want to go and have dinner at their house because I want to see what their homes are like inside.
4. What are the advantages of being a celebrity?
Yes, I think there are more advantages than disadvantages.
Some famous people are very happy but many aren't happy at all.
The advantages are money and the chance to travel.
5. Have you ever met a celebrity in real life? Who?
It must be very exciting to meet them.
Yes, I once met Lisa from Blackpink.
I think a lot of them live in Hollywood in the USA.
Task Five: Watch the video and answer the questions with your own ideas.
Click the link below to see a pdf of this lesson.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sineeducation.