Introduction to the 5GZORRO initiative
The 5GZORRO project is working on new security and trust solutions for multi-domain and multi-stakeholder scenarios in 5G and beyond networks. The 5GZORRO platform will enable multiple stakeholders, across different geographical areas, to trade/lease heterogeneous resources: spectrum, computing, network, storage, and virtual network functions (VNFs). The goal is to optimise, depending on their business role, the available network resources and establish 5G services in an easy, flexible, automated, secure, and trustful manner, ultimately fulfilling the need for securing and allocating resources according to demand. Multiple 5G operators with different technologies and geographical span would be able to collaborate for better ubiquitous services.
Through the 5GZORRO innovative platform it is possible to execute:
- Zero Touch Resource Discovery using DLTs (for trust and security)
- Intelligent 3rd party resource selection, request, and access/use
- Trust establishment among multi-parties
KPI measurements and platform tests are currently in progress in 5GBarcelona and 5Tonic laboratories with the aim of validation three main use cases:
1. Smart Contracts for Ubiquitous Computing/Connectivity (UC1)
2. Dynamic Spectrum Allocation (UC2)
3. Pervasive vCDN Services (UC3)
The 5GZORRO consortium is formed by 13 partners from 7 European countries and funded by the European Commission under the 5G PPP Phase 3, Part 4: 5G Long Term Evolution programme.