Call for Entry: Second Chances Art Exhibit 2020
Call for Entry: 5th Annual Second Chances Art Exhibit
Submission Deadline EXTENDED: April 4, 2020
Entry Fee: none
Exhibition Location: Blue Jacket, Inc., 2826 S Calhoun St, Fort Wayne, IN 46807
Exhibition Date: September 19-20, 2020
Description: Second Chances Art Exhibit Committee invites you to enter submissions to participate in the fifth annual fundraiser benefiting Blue Jacket, Inc. (“Blue Jacket”), a nonprofit organization that provides training and opportunities to any person with a barrier who is striving to earn a chance at gainful employment. Each participating artist will be paired with a Blue Jacket graduate to depict their story through the visual arts. These works of art will be exhibited at, among other places, Blue Jacket’s campus at 2826 South Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46807.
Blue Jacket’s board of directors believe creative storytelling through the visual arts draws attention to the importance of helping people on their redemptive journeys. Many of these people have served our country honorably, faced addiction, mental illness, poverty, homelessness, illiteracy, and incarceration.
Proceeds from the sale of artwork will benefit Blue Jacket’s Career Academy, a two-week, 40-hour training program that provides adults facing employment barriers with job-readiness training, transitional jobs, and job placement. It provides pre- and post-placement services including education, skills and interest assessments, while also providing personal and professional development. They will also go to Blue Jacket’s 3-week Adapted Career Academy geared to those with disabilities.
Eligibility: All artists, at least 18 years of age, residing in the United States are eligible. All media will be considered.
Jury: The jury will be the Second Chances Art Exhibit Committee, comprising of the following individuals: Jared Applegate (Ivy Tech), Rick Cartwright, Judd Edwards (past Blue Jacket client), Lynne Gilmore, Angela Green, John Hartman (Zero Seven Films), Tony Hudson (Blue Jacket Executive Director), David Mustard (Attorney, Kos & Associates), Andrea Robinson (Economic Development Administrator, City of Fort Wayne), Brad Saleik (Blue Jacket Director of Marketing), Rebecca Stockert (Artist), and William Bryant Rozier (Ink Spot).
Events: For the fifth anniversary of the Second Chances Art Exhibit and fifteenth anniversary of Blue Jacket’s establishment, the works of art will be presented and auctioned in two events – an opening reception featuring a live auction and a more casual block party event.
Entry Procedure: Complete the Google Form at
. If you do not have a website, you must email images of 5 to 10 examples of your work and artist resume to Rebecca Stockert at
. Only online digital entries will be accepted. Entries must be received on or before April 4, 2020. Jury notifications will be emailed on or around April 10, 2020.
Contact: Artist Contact: Rebecca Stockert; Second Chances Art Exhibit Artist Subcommittee chair: David Mustard
Stipend: Second Chances Art Exhibit Committee shall pay a stipend of $500 to each artist. The stipend’s purpose is to reimburse the artists for their time and expenses relating to the creation of their artwork.
Requirements and Other Expectations:
1. Each artist shall produce works of art inspired by their client’s story. The artwork may be created in any media, and there are no size restrictions. Artists shall produce three works of art. Artists’ works should have a collective value of at least $1,500.
2. All artwork must be ready to hang. This includes exhibition quality framing and/or matting, mounting, hanging wires, and/or proper display materials for three-dimensional work. Poster frames are not considered exhibition quality framing. Identification labels with artist name and title should be attached to the back of the artwork.
3. To learn more about their clients’ stories, artists must attend the May 9, 2020, “Meet and Greet'' private reception event at Blue Jacket’s Campus at 2826 South Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46807. During the event, a photographer will take headshots of artists and clients for the promotional catalogue and artist statement. Artists that fail to attend the event must arrange for their own photography session and their stipend may be reduced or forfeited.
4. In addition to the Meet and Greet, artists are expected to meet with their clients at least once to get to know their clients and to better articulate their stories. Artists are also expected to keep their clients informed about the artwork and its progress.
5. Artists should be available for press-related interactions.
6. Artists are expected to meet all deadlines.
7. Artists must attend the Second Chances Art Exhibit opening reception on September 19-20 (and other related events, as needed).
8. Each artist shall prepare an artist statement about their work created for Second Chances.
9. Artists must deliver their completed artwork to Blue Jacket at 2826 South Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46807, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm from August 31, 2020, to September 4, 2020.
10. Artists and their families are invited to attend the September 20, 2020, block party event at Blue Jacket being held to appreciate their works.
Failure to Meet Requirements, Expectations, or Other Terms of this Call for Entry: Unmet requirements or expectations will result in a reduction or forfeiture of the artist’s stipend.
Delivery of Artwork: Please check-in all completed artwork (clearly labeled) to Brad Saleik, Director of Marketing for Blue Jacket. He can be reached by phone at 260-744-1900 or through email at
Sale of Artwork: All submitted artwork becomes the property of Blue Jacket, who shall retain all proceeds from the artwork’s sale. Although the artists’ estimated value of their submitted artwork will be considered when pricing and selling the artwork, Blue Jacket reserves the right to sell the artwork at any price. Any unsold artwork shall remain Blue Jacket’s property, and the company reserves the right to transfer, assign, sell, or convey the artwork by any means and for any price.
Image Rights: Accepted artists agree to relinquish to Blue Jacket limited reproduction and licensing rights to artwork submitted for the Second Chances Art Exhibit. Submitted artwork will be professionally digitized for marketing and publicity purposes. Images of submitted artwork will be included in an exhibition catalog that will be sold for Blue Jacket’s benefit. Further, archival quality prints of submitted artwork will be created and sold for Blue Jacket’s benefit. Blue Jacket reserves the right to print up to 25 giclée reproductions of each submitted artwork.
Artist Likenesses. Blue Jacket may take video recordings of and photograph artists and clients. Artists agree to allow Blue Jacket to use their likenesses for promotional uses and for use during the opening reception.
Agreement to Participate: Artists’ completion of the entry procedure above constitutes their agreement to all terms contained in this call for entry.
Submission Deadline: April 4, 2020
Jury Notifications Emailed: April 10, 2020
Contracts Due: April 17, 2020
Client Assignments: April 24, 2020
TENTATIVE Client/Artist Meet and Greet: May 9, 2020
Artwork Drop-Off: August 31 through September 4, 2020, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm
Exhibition Dates: September 20, 2020 through a date to be determined
Opening Reception: September 19, 2020
Block Party: September 20, 2020
Website (if no website, email 5 - 10 images of your work to
Located on Website
Please explain why you would like to participate in Blue Jacket's Second Chances Art Exhibit in 100 words.
Agreement to Participate: Submitting the entry form constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to all conditions stated above.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service