Request V.A. Education Benefits Certification
In order to be certified for Education Benefits at North Shore Community College, please take a couple minutes to fill out this request form.

This will provide us with accurate information, and allow us to be more proficient in our certifying.  

Please fill out this form after registering for classes EVERY semester.

We cannot certify you until you register for courses.

Sign in to Google to save your progress. Learn more
First Name *
Last Name *
Date of Birth  (mm/dd/yyyy) *
Phone # (123-456-7890) *
Email *
What is your program of study? *
If you are a returning student, and have changed your program of study, you must inform Veterans Services
Which semester are you wanting to be certified for?
Keep an eye on the start/end dates of courses!
How many credits are you registered for? *
By checking the box, I certify that I have read the policy on course applicability and all the courses I am registered for will satisfy requirements outlined by my degree evaluation. *

The VA will only pay for classes that are REQUIRED for your degree.

Only courses that satisfy requirements outlined by the curriculum guide or graduation evaluation form can be certified for VA purposes.

If a student takes a course that does not fulfill a program requirement, it cannot be certified for VA purposes. Excessive free electives, for example, cannot be certified.


By checking the boxes, I certify that I have read the policy on Repeating Courses *
Classes that are successfully completed may not be certified again for VA purposes if they are repeated. However, if a student fails a class, or if a program requires a higher grade than the one achieved in a particular class for successful completion, that class may be repeated and certified to VA again.

What Educational Benefit are you planning to use? *
Mass Veterans Tuition Waiver

Please print, complete the form, sign it, drop it off OR scan as a pdf and email to Veterans Services (  You cannot have a digital signature on this form.  If you are emailing a pdf, leave off your SS#.
(Does not apply to Chapter 35)

If you run into any issues, please email me at

Links to apply for VA Education Benefits

If you have a VA rated disability of 20% or more, you can apply for VocRehab

Are you eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill?

Mass National Guard Tuition & Fee Waiver (must be requested AFTER you register) - FAQ's

Apply for the Frye Scholarship - If your parent or spouse died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001, while serving in one of the Armed Forces, or was a member of the Selected Reserve who died from a service-connected disability, you may qualify for this benefit.

Apply for Chapter 1606 - If you’re a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard, you may be eligible for this benefit. Find out if you qualify.

Have you submitted proper documentation to receive qualified benefits? *
(DD-214, Certificate of Eligibility, National Guard COE, etc)
Have you been certified at NSCC before? *
Please be sure you have submitted a current Certificate of Eligibility to the Veterans Service Office
**  POST 911/CHAPTER 33 ONLY  **

Do you need NSCC Health Insurance to be included in certification for benefits?
It is required by law that students must have health insurance if registered for 9 or more credits.

If you are enrolled in VA Healthcare or have your own private health insurance, then you don't need the school health insurance and you MUST waive the school insurance.

Check NO if you have private/VA health insurance.  You will need to waive the school's health insurance.
  1. Make sure you have your student ID# to complete the form.

  2. Log in to MyNorthshore, search for Health Insurance and click on the button, see image.

  3. A new window will open to the NSCC Gallagher website, you will either login for a previous student or sign up for a new student.  

Check YES If you want Health Insurance to be included in certification for benefits.

Captionless Image
Have you applied for FAFSA? (Financial Aid)
If you haven't yet applied, it is a free application at:

002173 is NSCC's School Code.

Many Veterans are entitled to Pell Grants. Be sure to apply!!
Clear selection
Have you submitted your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for evaluation?

JST transcripts are evaluated for academic credit through the Center for Alternative Studies.
Center for Alternative Studies (CAS)
978-739-5423 (Phone / VM / Text)

Potential academic credit for your military education and training

Order your JST if you were in the Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard


When ordering your AF transcript, have it sent to NSCC to be evaluated.  DO NOT send it to the Center for Alternative Studies, they do not evaluate college transcripts for credit.  This will only delay in evaluating AF transcripts.

***  Air Force Transcripts must be requested through the Community College of the Air Force.  ***  

Clear selection
Do you know about our TRIO programs at NSCC?
Student Support Services

TRIO/Student Support Services is a federally funded program that provides personalized academic advising and encouragement to students who are low-income, or first generation to college (neither parent graduated from four-year college), or individuals who have a documented disability.

Educational Opportunity Center

The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) provides postsecondary education access services and career exploration and advising to students and adults (age 19 and above) who are interested in furthering their education.
Additional Comments or Questions
You can use this space, if you have particular questions about your certification or if you need to leave a special instruction for your certification.
Clear form
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of North Shore Community College. Report Abuse