ALB Policies & Code of Conduct Agreement
Please read over the following school policies and sign on the next page.
Tuition & Late Fees
-Tuition is due at the time of enrollment
-Tuition will be prorated for students who register after the season begins.
-Tuition payments are non-refundable, non-transferable and refunds will not be given except in the case of students needing to transfer from In-studio to Virtual due to COVID-19. There are no refunds for missed classes, however make-up classes can be arranged with the office in any similar level and age group.
- Make all checks payable to "American Liberty Ballet”. Please write student(s) name on
- We do accept all major credit cards.
- Any student wishing to withdraw mid-semester is still responsible for the full semester’s tuition. Exceptions may be made by directors discretion.
- ALB is not responsible for keeping track of missed classes
• Students are expected to arrive at class on time. Those who arrive more than 15 min late for class must watch and take notes on the class.
• Appropriate and respectful language and behavior is expected at all times in the studio and outside
of the studio, to their peers and teachers. Bad attitudes and/or behavior will not be tolerated and may
lead to disciplinary action and/or dismissal.
• Students are expected to attend all classes. Attendance will be taken and any student who has
multiple unexcused absences may not participate in performances, at ALB staff
• If a student is not dancing due to injury, lateness, etc. we encourage them to attend the class so that
they may watch and take notes.
• Students are required to wear their proper dance attire for every class. Hair must be secure in a tight
bun. Do not wear jewelry of any kind. Tiny ear studs are acceptable. Any student not dressed
appropriately will only be allowed to participate in class at the ALB teacher’s discretion.
• If your child is ill, or if your child has missed school due to being ill, we would appreciate if you kept
her/him home from class as to not spread germs to other students.
Schedule & Make-up Classes
• ALB follows the Union City Public Schools Holiday Schedule.
• There will be no classes if Union City Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather. Likewise,
there will be no afternoon classes if there is an early dismissal.
• Classes that have been cancelled due to inclement weather or other circumstances will be made up
at the end of the year.
The class schedule and teachers are subject to change. ALB reserves the right
to cancel any class due to insufficient registration. Students will receive a full refund if the class is cancelled due to insufficient registration.
Pre-Primary: clothes the dancer feels comfortable moving in, ballet slippers recommended
Primary A-Primary C: pink tights, pink leotard, pink ballet slippers, pink ballet skirt, hair in a bun
Levels 1-2: black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers, optional white or black skirt (center only), hair in a bun
Level 3: Burgandy leotard, pink tights, pink slippers, optional white or black skirt (center only), hair in a bun
Levels 4+: any colored leotard and skirt, pink tights, hair in a bun
Fitted clothes that the dancer can move in, barefoot.
Black leotard, black jazz pants, black split sole jazz shoes, hair neatly pulled back
Comfortable loose fitted clothing, and sneakers
When required by state/local mandates, masks must be worn, and all social distancing and hand washing guidelines must be followed. Parents/visitors should drop off and pick up students downstairs to minimize the amount of people in the facility whenever possible. Classrooms are sanitized in between classes.