JBWS Classrooms in the Field Application
Thank you for your interest in bringing your students to Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary for a field trip! During this time of COVID 19, we have adjusted our field trips to keep everyone safe.
In-Person Field Trips
• Field trips will be limited to a maximum of approximately 20 people total (students and parents) that will be divided into smaller groups of no more than approximately 10.
• Individual students are welcome to sign up, they may be placed with others to make a group of approx. 10.
• Everyone will be required to wear a mask.
• Trips are limited to 2 hours maximum.
• Topics are generally limited to our most popular! Wetland Ecology and Life in the Forest. These can be adapted to most ages. Other specific topic requests will be considered as possible by JBWS staff.
• Fee is $3 per person or a $30 minimum. Individual students signing up will be charged $3. No refunds.
Live Virtual Field Trips - Schedule a Jug Bay Naturalist to join your virtual student meeting for a live exploration of the marsh or other parts of the sanctuary. Discussion and Q & As will be included as technology allows. Encourage your students to follow up with their own exploration of nearby nature. $30 per class.
Virtual Field Trip - Share a recorded hike at Jug Bay and schedule a question and answer period with a naturalist. Encourage your students to do their own exploration of nearby nature! $3pp. $30 minimum.
Self-Led Field Trip - Bring your students to Jug Bay for a self-led field trip. Borrow a student explorer bag full of educational materials and activities and head out on the trails. Available on public days - Wed, Friday, Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 5pm. Free.
1. Please fill out the application.
2. You will be contacted to arrange final details. Confirmations will be emailed to the teacher/leader.
3. An invoice will be sent to the teacher/leader.
If you have questions, please call Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary at 410-222-8006 or email Sarah Kempfer at
Please select a 2020 field trip season:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service