Al-Iman School Ramadan 2020 Quran Competition
Allah the almighty says in chapter 16 Al-nah, the Bee, "And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them". And He also says in chapter 31 verse 20 “Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, both apparent and hidden”.
Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) said: “Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye (has ever) seen, no ear has (ever) heard and no human heart has ever perceived those bounties leaving apart (those bounties) about which Allah has informed you.”
The theme this year is “Allah’s Favors upon us”. Verses from the Quran have been selected to reflect the many favors Allah has bestowed upon us. Children will memorize these verses based on their respective age level. In addition to memorization and recitation, children will also prepare and present a creative PowerPoint.
* Registration is open to all children.
* Your child does NOT need to be in Al-Iman school in order to participate.
* Children are allowed to participate only in one level.
* Children should be memorizing a new Surah.
* If the child has already memorized the Surah in his or her respective age level, then he or she can participate in one of the upper levels as long as they are memorizing the Surah for the first time.
* To be considered for the contest the child must:
1. Memorize all the assigned verses for the level
2. Recite the verses on the day of the competition
3. Prepare a three slides PowerPoint about the beautiful and numerous favors of Allah mentioned in the verses the child is memorizing
4. Orally present the content of the PowerPoint.
* Failure to complete any of the four tasks will disqualify the contestant.
Levels Age Verses to be Memorized
Level 1 Ages less than 5 Chapter 106 Quraysh, from verses 1-4
Level 2 Ages less than 7 Chapter 16 An-Nahl “The Bee”, from verse 1-6
Level 3 Ages less than 9 Chapter 16 An-Nahl “The Bee”, from verse 1-9
Level 4 Ages less than 12 Chapter 16 An-Nahl “The Bee”, from verse 1-12
Level 5 Ages less than 15 Chapter 16 An-Nahl “The Bee”, from verse 1-16
Level 6 Ages 15 and older Chapter 16 An-Nahl “The Bee”, from verse 1-26
Each contestant participating in the Quran Contest is required to prepare a Power Point with Four slides.
The first slide must include the name of the child, their age, and the level of participation only
The second and the third slides must include the child own reflections about the different favors and bounties of Allah mentioned in the verses the child is required to memorize.
It highly encouraged that the slides include bullet points and pic or video clips to enhance the visual effect.
Just copying and pasting information from the internet will not be accepted. The PowerPoint should reflect the child pondering process about the verses.
• Quran Memorization 30 points (By Judges only)
• Recitation based on Tajweed Rules 20 points (By Judges only)
• PowerPoint creativity 20 points (By Judges and Audience)
• Oral Presentation of the PowerPoint 30 points (By Judges and Audience)
• Last day for registration is Sunday May the 10th at 11:59 PM
• First contest day Thursday May 21 from 3:00 – 5:00 PM
• Second contest day Friday May 22 from 3:00 – 5:00 PM
• Depending on the number of contestants, you will receive an email indicating the specific date and the time for your child contest.
• The contest will be held online through zoom. You will receive a log in link couple of days before the contest date.
Honors and Awards:
• Each participant will receive a certificate and a symbolic gift.
• The first, second, and third position winners in each level will receive an additional cash reward of $75.00, $50.00, and $25.00.
If more than one child is participating from one family, please fill out a separate form for each child.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service