Pebble Tossers is a certifying organization for the President's Volunteer Service Award. In 2003, the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation founded the President’s Volunteer Service Award to recognize the important role of volunteers in America’s strength and national identity. This award honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities in every corner of the nation and inspires those around them to take action, too. The PVSA has continued to honor the volunteers who are using their time and talents to solve some of the toughest challenges facing our nation!
Please review the Pebble Tossers website before completing this form https://www.pebbletossers.org/pvsa/
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least five years old
- Volunteer must complete eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefitting others
- Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award*, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
- Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility
Eligible Service does not include:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
In order to apply for the award, volunteers need to do the following:
1. Become a member of Pebble Tossers and create a profile in our volunteer portal. Out-of-State volunteers must join with a Family Membership. Out-of-State volunteers are not eligible for a membership scholarship.
2. Enter all volunteer hours in your Pebble Tossers' Account (must fill in contact information for where you volunteered if you are not volunteering with a Pebble Tossers' opportunity). Pebble Tossers uploads this into the PVSA system.
3. Complete this form once you have completed the hours needed for your award level and you have recorded your volunteer hours in the Pebble Tossers system.
Pebble Tossers will certify hours and order awards in APRIL, JULY, OCTOBER, and JANUARY. Please fill in the following information so we can order the award. Pebble Tossers will send out press releases to local newspapers and school contacts in August and January only if requested.