The Community Shield initiative was started by InkSmith in Kitchener, Ontario on March 20th with the help of Dr. Neil Naik, president of the KW Academy of Medicine. The goal was to crowd-source community 3D printers, laser cutters and volunteer labour to create face shields for health care and front line workers. As of April 9th, this initiative is being led by KW's largest makerspace - www.kwartzlab.ca
- with the support, material and logistics continuing to be provided by InkSmith.
Please use this form to request face shields for your organization, but please note the following:
* We are currently not distributing to individuals for home or personal use.
* These shields DO NOT replace the use of an appropriate mask (N95 or otherwise).
* These shields are NOT approved for use by any central governing authority.
* We are NOT operating on a first-come, first-served basis. We are using a triage process for requests.
* ALL of the materials used in our production are donated from individuals, businesses or InkSmith.
* These shields have no warranty, no guarantee for fitness of use, and should be cleaned by you before use. A waiver will be required to be signed upon delivery or pickup.
Please answer all questions as completely and thoroughly as possible. We will only contact you when we have shields for you.
If you require Health Canada approved shields, or quantities in excess of 50 units, please contact InkSmith to purchase the approved Canadian Shield instead: https://www.canadianshieldppe.ca
If you want to JOIN the production effort with your 3D printer please join our online community on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/communityppeworkspace/shared_invite/zt-d0q2sxw6-t56SCajVoEhk4EEtwbBHzw
Please do NOT join the community to beg for shields. We are working as fast as we can.