Are you interested in getting involved with the Los Angeles UA Alumni Chapter? We, the SoCalCats, would love and encourage you to join us.
Board Elections take place on Tuesday, May 15 at 7 pm at the board meeting.
2018-19 Board begins July 1, 2018.
Our chapter—the SoCalCats — is proud to represent the University of Arizona graduates living in the Greater Los Angeles area. From the northern valleys of Simi and Santa Clarita, south to the Orange County line, and all the way east to Riverside and San Bernardino, we're the spot for Arizona Wildcats.
We always try to have something in the works for the local Wildcats, whether it's social, athletic, cultural, professional and even educational. Playing with and even battling against our counterparts in the Los Angeles ASU Alumni Club is often part of the fun. We also assume a valuable role in student recruitment with the UA Office of Admissions and our own Chapter Scholarships.
Board Member Eligibility:
All former students who have received a degree from the University of Arizona or completed 30 or more units of credit at the UA are eligible for membership in the L.A. Chapter. Non-alumni may be an honorary board members; however, they may not be on the executive board.
Board Member Responsibility:
Follow all SoCalCats policies which include:
- Must be a Member in Good Standing with the UAAA (e.g. dues, attendance, etc.)
- Attend board meetings on a regular basis which are held at Philippe the Original (downtown Los Angeles)
- Be an active and contributing member of the chapter
- Represent the UofA in the best way possible
- Follow UAAA policy and bylaws
- Any Board Member, in addition to meetings, is required to attend one signature or cultural event as a paid guest or chair/co-chair at least one event per year (could be something as simple as a game watch party). Board members will be asked to work additional events.
For full UAAA Chapter bylaws and SoCalCats bylaws, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in getting involved with the SoCalCats? We are proud to represent the University of Arizona alumni living in the Greater Los Angeles area and would love for you to join us.