Burn Institute Family Retreat 2019
The Family Retreat is FREE for young burn survivors and their immediate family members & caregivers.
PART I. RETREAT INFORMATION
THANK YOU for your interest in the Burn Institute's Family Retreat 2019 for our youngest survivors and their immediate family members & caregivers! We will be hosting our retreat locally in San Diego! Due to popular demand, enroll today! Space is limited! Completion of the application is not a guarantee your family will be enrolled. Deadline to file is March 29, 2019. Notification of acceptance will be made after April 9, 2019.
Island Palms Hotel & Marina, Best Western Plus, 2051 Shelter Island Dr., San Diego, CA 92106
WHEN? April 26-28, 2019
Check-in begins Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:00 PM. Check-out time is scheduled for Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 12:00 PM. You are responsible for your transportation, parking and incidentals.
Family Retreat is a support-based program designed for burn survivors, ages 0-8 years old and their immediate family members and/or caregivers.This unique two-day and overnight program helps children along with their families/caregivers understand and cope with the physical and emotional challenges associated with burn recovery. Family Retreat's goal is to provide a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for families impacted by burn injury.
WE HOPE THAT THIS PROGRAM...
- Provides an opportunity for families to spend time with others overcoming similar challenges in a supportive camp setting.
- Focuses on healthy emotional and physical recovery with an emphasis on providing children the opportunity to socialize with other burn survivors.
- Provides age appropriate burn survivor support opportunities to begin the process of talking about burn injury.
- Provides adult peer support sessions to assist parents and caregivers with education and counseling necessary to encourage a child who has suffered a severe burn injury.
- Provides a space for siblings to process their experience related to burn injury.
- Creates a space for family bonding and fun!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
This is a FREE service to families in the San Diego and Imperial Counties. Meals and lodging are provided.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE RETREAT?
The retreat will be facilitated by Burn Institute staff and volunteers including trained mental health professionals.
Contact the Burn Institute at (858)541-2277 for more information.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service