YouTube Surgical Guidelines International Collaborative Study
Thank you for expressing interest to join this international study. We are a team of clinicians / researchers from Singapore and we are glad to have you join the team.
Brief description of study:
This study aims to develop an international guideline for surgical videos posted on YouTube. Currently, there are no clear consensus on the components of a surgical training video uploaded on YouTube. Studies have shown that majority of the videos uploaded are of poor quality.
- Literature review - Feb - Mar
- Study design - Feb - Mar
- Formation of consensus panel - Late Mar - Start of May
- Design of consensus statements - Late Mar - End May
- Decision on consensus statements using the Delphi method - June
- Revision of initial statements - June - July
- Decision on revised consensus statements - July
- Development of guidelines and writing of manuscript - Late July - August
1. Be part of the consensus statement panel team (at least 2 representatives from each country) - we are aiming for at least 15 countries to be involved
2. (optional) Engage a supervisor to be part of the team as well - we are aiming for a total of 5 supervisors
Chan Kai Siang, MBBS,
A/Prof Vishal G Shelat, MBBS, FRCS, MCI
Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Contact number (Format: Country code-Phone number)
Place of residence:
Affiliation (University (for undergraduate) / Hospital (for postgraduates)):
Junior Doctor (MBBS / MD)
Year of Study (if undergraduate):
Length of undergraduate programme (if undergraduate):
Five year programme
Six year programme
Please tick the list of clinical postings which you have rotated through (for junior doctors and above):
Upper gastrointestinal surgery
Hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) surgery
Head and neck surgery
Breast and endocrine surgery
Plastics and reconstructive surgery
Prior research experience
No prior experience
Peer-reviewed journal publication
Are you willing to find at least one other member from your country to be part of the consensus panel team?
Are you willing to contact a supervisor (a consultant surgeon) to form the panel of experts?
Please give a brief description of your motivations for joining the study team:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service