Dan Greene is the Market Administrator for the 2022 season and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Ashfield Farmers Market Vendors agree to the following Ashfield Farmers Market Rules:
1) The Ashfield Farmers Market is a producer-only market. All products offered for sale must be produced by the vendors selling at the market. Exceptions to this rule must be approved on a case by case basis by the Steering Committee. In cases that bought-in produce is allowed it must be from a Western Massachusetts source and must be clearly labeled with the name and location of their original source.
2) All Vendors are to comply with the requirements set forth by the local Board of Health.
3) Upon acceptance to the Ashfield Farmers Market, the Vendor should send a check payable to Ashfield Farmers Market c/o Dan Greene, 221 North River Rd. Shelburne Falls, MA 01370. Fees must be paid in full by opening day for full season vendors. Occasional vendors may pay Dan in person during set-up on their scheduled market day if they choose not to mail beforehand.
4) Our market insurer requires vendors to hold their own liability insurance. Policy limits must be a minimum of $1 million per occurrence with a $2 million aggregate limit. Each vendor policy needs to list the market as an additional insured or contain a blanket additional insured endorsement. Full season vendors should email proof of coverages to email@example.com
after submitting this form. All other vendors vouch by signing and submitting this application that they have appropriate coverage and can submit proof of insurance if requested.
5) All vendors are responsible for their own shade and rain cover. Market runs Rain or Shine. Tents must be secured by weights or stakes.
6) Prices for all items for sale shall be posted clearly on a sign. No item shall be sold unless the price is clearly displayed. Farm name and farm location should also be clearly posted in the vendor’s booth.
7) All vendors must contact the market administrator via email 48 hours before market day if they are unable to attend the market that week. No refunds will be made for missed market days.
8) Vendors are to be set-up for a 9am start and agree to continue selling until 1 pm. After set-up and unloading, vehicles are to be moved from the south side of Main Street so our customers have convenient places to park and shop for our products. Parking is available on South St.
9) Vendors selling ready-to-eat items must provide a trash receptacle
10) Vendors shall be courteous and respectful to other vendors and the public. Vendors shall keep their persons and vicinity neat and presentable. Vendors will refrain from consuming alcohol and tobacco products on the premises
11) Vendors shall remove all their belongings and refuse from the Town Common at markets end.
12) In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the market, the Market Administrator shall make a decision. Any failure to abide by the Market Administrator's decision may be sufficient grounds for excluding the vendor from the market.