1. I am volunteering my services for Shark Stewards beach clean-ups (the “Activity”).
2. I and anyone claiming on my behalf release and forever discharge Shark Stewards and its affiliates, successors and assigns, officers, employees, representatives, partners, agents and anyone claiming through them (collectively, the “Released Parties”), in their individual and/or corporate capacities from causes of action of any nature and kind, known or unknown, which I may have against Shark Stewards or any Released Parties arising out of or relating to any injury, loss or damage to person and property that may be sustained as a result of participation in the Activity (“Claims”).
3. I understand that participation in the Activity involves inherent risks, including risk of physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent paralysis and/or death, and I assume all related risks and voluntarily participate in the Activity.
4. I agree to indemnify Shark Stewards against any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, damages and judgments, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to my participation in the Activity.
5. This Release for Participation in Event or Activity (“Release”) shall not be in any way construed as an admission by the Shark Stewards that it has acted wrongfully with respect to me or any other person, that it admits liability or responsibility at any time for any purpose, or that I have any rights whatsoever against the Shark Stewards.
6. This Release shall be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, administrators, personal representatives, executors, successors and assigns. I have the authority to release the Claims and have not assigned or transferred any Claims to any other party. The provisions of this Release are severable. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This Release constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties concerning the subject matter of this Release. This Release may not be altered, amended or modified, except by a written document signed by both parties. The terms of this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
7. If I am injured during the Event or Activity, I authorize any physician or medical personnel licensed in California to perform such emergency treatment as he or she believes, in his or her sole judgment, may be necessary.
8. I am over the age of eighteen and legally competent to sign this liability release, or I have acquired the written consent of my parent or guardian. I understand that the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital, this instrument is legally binding, and I have signed this document of my own free act. By including my email address, I understand that Shark Stewards may contact me about future events and other programs.