The Project Leader sets the tone for the service opportunity, helping all volunteers at a specific site understand their responsibilities. A Project Leader is not planning the project, rather the Project Leader provides direction to other volunteers before and during CityServe Day, ensuring everyone knows what they are doing at a specific service site.
In many cases, the Project Leader will be working alongside a site contact, who works for a school, organization or business. However, there will be specific projects that serve individuals or families, where the Project Leader will take on a little more responsibility.
Additionally, we hope to utilize all individuals that apply to be a Project Leader, however, completion of this form does not guarantee your involvement as a Project Leader. Your flexibility is appreciated.
Please thoroughly read the following Project Leader responsibilities and expectations:
1.The COSILoveYou team will correspond with Project Leaders regularly for instructions and reminders. Be prepared to monitor your email and texts for updates and respond accordingly and promptly.
2. The COSILoveYou staff will do their best to ensure that you are a Project Leader in an area of town that you are invested, however Project Leaders are flexible and are willing to serve as a Project Leader where there is need.
3. Project Leaders are responsible for communicating with their volunteers through email, texts and/or telephone confirming with each volunteer all details so that there is no confusion. Especially, leading up to CityServe Day. COSILoveYou Team will ensure that each Project Leader gets a list of volunteers at their site!
4. A Project Leader champions their project, getting individuals to sign up and sharing about it on their personal social media platforms (instagram, twitter, facebook, etc.).
5. Project Leaders follow up with the volunteers at their project site by Wednesday, October 9th to say "THANK YOU".
6. Project Leaders help the volunteers that they are serving with think through how they can serve their community year-round.
7. Project Leaders support the mission and vision of COSILoveYou, demonstrating safe and appropriate behavior. Setting an example for other volunteers in regards to servant leadership.