2020 OHRD 101 Registration
Fill out this registration form and complete your payment via the link.
OHRD 101 is a two hour skate clinic, led by Ohio Roller Derby skaters, that teaches basic derby skating skills. We cover all the basics, with no contact drills. Clinics are a great workout and an awesome way to learn more about roller derby! Plus, if you're interested in joining our Recreational Program, attending 101 is the first step to do that.
Clinics are only $10!
While it helps to have some basic skating skills, it is not required!
All attendees must be at least 18 years old.
Rental skates are available at no extra charge, but if you have your own gear, please bring it. You'll need a helmet (bicycle helmets are acceptable for 101), a mouth guard, elbow pads, wrist guards, and thick, hard-shell knee pads. If you don't have gear, you can borrow it from us!
If you don't own skates, consider waiting to purchase them until you can be fitted and buy proper derby skates, and ask our experienced skaters about what to buy.
Wear comfortable workout clothes or anything that allows you to move freely. Bring a water bottle and a bandana (required if you are borrowing a helmet).
Participation in OHRD 101 is not required for league tryouts, but attending 101 is required for participation in our Recreational Program. We do recommend both 101s and the Recreational Program before trying out for OHRD - because they provide the opportunity to work on the basic skills needed for a good foundation.
Checklist for those participating:
1. Fill out the registration form!
2. Indicate if you need to buy a mouth guard and/or borrow gear.
3. Bring $10 cash, your gear, a water bottle, a bandana, and $2 for a mouthguard.
4. Wear comfy clothes.
5. Have fun -- and don't be nervous!
Full Legal Name:
Date of birth (Must be at least 18 years old):
Do you need any loaner gear? Please select all that apply. (Skates are available from the rink)
I need knee pads.
I need elbow pads.
I need wrist guards.
I need a helmet.
I need a mouthguard (available for purchase; $2)
Which clinic are you registering for?
Are you interested in becoming a Skater or an Official? (select all that apply)
This agreement is entered into between OHRG, LLC (dba OHRD) and the undersigned participant with respect to participation in OHRD league activities. In consideration of the participation in OHRD activities, participant agrees as follows:
1. Participant forever waives any cause of action against OHRG, LLC and its affiliates, owners, and agents, which might arise from participation in this activity.
2. In the event a third party (or parties) is injured in any occurrence in which the undersigned participates, the undersigned shall forever indemnify, defend and hold harmless OHRG, LLC, its affiliates, its owners, agents, and employees, from ALL costs and expenses which arise from claims by such injured parties.
3. Participant authorizes any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any injury while participating in OHRG, LLC activities. It is the responsibility of participant to carry full and complete insurance coverage from personal bodily injury and personal property damage to participant and any other individuals who may be injured resulting from league activities (or, in its absence, agree to pay all costs of rescue and/or medical services that may be incurred on behalf of the participant).
4. Participant understands and accepts that roller skating, in its various forms, is a hazardous sport and has many dangers and risks, which include serious bodily injury or death. Participant hereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury.
5. The participants Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Agreement is on behalf of the league participant and his or her spouse, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, next of kin, family, relatives, executors, trustees, conservators, administrators, agents and guardians.
6. Participant agrees to give up their right to a trial by a court or a jury. any dispute or claim between participant and OHRG, LLC, including those arising out of or related to this Agreement, the interpretation of this Agreement, or any damages, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding upon the parties, and judgement upon the award may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The place of arbitration shall be the county or jurisdiction where the park is located.
7. Participant agrees to provide their own required protective gear that must be worn at all times during league activities.
8. I understand, consent to and authorize, in advance, the use of my name, voice, picture or other likeness, in combination or alone, in any broadcast, telecast, print medium, advertising, promotion or other account of a league event as approved by OHRG.
9. Participant represents that he/she/they is/are physically fit and to safely participate in this physical activity, and that he/she/they does/do not suffer from any injury, defect, ailment, illness or the like which could conceivably lead to injury or death from participation in this activity.
Please initial in text box below
Waiver of Liability
Participant, member, guest or patron shall participate in roller skating and/or use any of OHRG, LLC activities at his/her own risk. OHRG, LLC shall not be liable to any damages for personal injuries sustained by any participant, member, guest of patron in, on or about the premises of Skate Zone 71, United Skates of America, 750 Marion Road or any other premises used for OHRG, LLC league activities from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, including, without limitation, any claim from personal injuries arising out of the use of its facilities, services, or equipment, or arising out the of the negligence of OHRG, LLC, its owners, affiliates, or agents or any other person at OHRG, LLC.
Please initial in text box below
Personal Property and Valuables
OHRG, LLC shall not be liable for the loss or theft of, or damage to, the personal property of any participant, member, guest or patron.
Please initial in text box below
By signing this form, I acknowledge that I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand this release. I am signing of my own free will and volition.
Digital Signature of First & Last Name
In order to secure your place, you must complete payment now OR at the clinic. For one person, the cost is $10. For two registering together, the cost is $15 but both participants should fill out this form. Cash or card will be accepted at the clinic, exact change only. To pay now, use this link and choose Jan OHRD Roller Derby 101 at the bottom of the page.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Ohio Roller Derby.