Nurturing Speaking Growth-Webinar (2 Part) Series
This eWorkshop is designed to support all K-12 educators who would like to explore the connection between the ACCESS Speaking Test and classroom practices that promote oral language development. In this eWorkshop participants will explore the underpinnings of the Speaking Test in a self-paced module that allows for choice and control. In the webinars, participants will engage in meaning making activities that provide ways to nurture students’ speaking growth. This eWorkshop is unique in that participants will be asked to speak and share ideas with colleagues within the virtual event.
By engaging in the eWorkshop, participants will:
• Apply the underpinnings of the Speaking Assessment to classroom practice
• Connect the Key Language Uses to instructional practices in speaking
• Explore the impact of holding the floor for extended classroom discourse
• Choose Teacher Moves to support student voice
• Develop an ear for language to support precision decisions.
Participants will be prompted to complete Module 1 before the first webinar and to complete post-webinar tasks. Format: One self-paced online module that should be completed before the first webinar. Two live webinars are part of the series.
Webinar 1: From 3:30-5 p.m. on September 23, 2021
Webinar 2: From 3:30-5 p.m. on September 30, 2021
WIDA Presenter: Melissa Paton
WDE Facilitator: Antoinette Hallam, EL & Foreign Language Consultant
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of State of Wyoming.