2020 PHX VEGAN FOOD FESTIVAL FOOD TRUCK APPLICATION
Festival Date: February 29, 2020
Festival Location: Downtown Phoenix
Friday Setup: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday Setup: 7:00 am - 9:00 am. Inspection at 9:00 am
VIP Hour Admission: 10:00 am
General Admission Gates Open: 11:00 am
Festival Ends: 10:00 pm on Saturday
Expected Attendance: 5,000+
TAX ID #
CELL PHONE NUMBER:
PHYSICAL BUSINESS ADDRESS:
PR / MEDIA CONTACT INFO:
NUMBER OF STAFF WORKING TRUCK/TRAILER: (LIMIT:4 PER TRUCK/TRAILER)
WHAT TYPE OF ITEMS WILL YOU PRESENT?
PLEASE PROVIDE A GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE TYPES OF ITEMS YOU WILL PRESENT.
WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE WILL BE USED TO DELIVER EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES?
DO YOU PLAN TO PROVIDE ANY LARGE COOKING OR KITCHEN EQUIPMENT?
DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS? SELECT ALL THAT APPLY.
STATE OF ARIZONA BUSINESS & RETAIL LICENSE
FOOD HANDLERS LICENSE (NOT REQUIRED FOR PRE PACKAGED PRODUCTS)
HEALTH OPERATIONS LICENSE
MARICOPA COUNTY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES PERMIT #
PARTICIPATION FEES: $25 NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE. EARLY BIRD FEES ARE LISTED BELOW.
FEES INCREASE $50 ON DECEMBER 1, 2019. ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. THIS INCLUDES IF VENDOR CANCELS APPLICATION.
$250 FOOD TRUCKS
DO YOU NEED ANY ADDITIONAL ITEMS? FEE'S MAY APPLY
EXTRA TABLE ($10 EA)
CHAIRS ($5 PER SET OF 2)
ICE ($10 PER 40 LB. BAG)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN A PRIVATE VENDOR GROUP ON FACEBOOK?
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO PURCHASE DISCOUNT ADMISSION TICKETS FOR FRIENDS & FAMILY?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES?
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON PARTICIPATING AT FUTURE EVENTS?
VENDOR POLICIES & INFORMATION
This one-day festival will be filled with live vegan cooking demos & discussions, vegan food & products, multiple music & performance stages, a kid’s activity area, arts & crafts, beer & wine and a great community. All vendors wishing to participate must first fill out this application and pay the non-refundable application fee. Limited space is available for vendors, so act quickly. Applications and products are accepted on their own merit, not a first-come, first-served basis. Once a decision has been made, applicants will receive an acceptance notification via email.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS
• Applications and products are juried on their own merit, not a first-come, first-served basis.
• All vendor applicants are required to abide by the nature and theme of the festival. All products & food must be vegan. This means no poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, animal parts, or byproducts. This also means no animal derivatives such as honey, broth, gelatin, rennet, lard, tallow, whey or casein.
• All vendor applicants are required to obtain any applicable permits, insurance, city vending fees, and sales tax associated with selling or distributing their own products at the event.
• All food vendor applicants are required to submit menus & ingredient lists, pricing, images of trucks, /stations/tents and permitting information as requested.
• Vendor selection is at the sole discretion of festival management.
• All vendors must be available for the entire length of the festival times you are scheduled. No vendors will be allowed to leave the festival early.
• All vendors will be required to submit a completed credit card authorization form to be kept on file for all fees & charges due unless prior arrangements are made and communicated to festival management.
• At no time may any vendor, organization or individual exhibit graphic, malicious, extreme, or inappropriate literature, documents, photographs, videos or films or any other media on public display.
IMPORTANT DATES TO KNOW:
September 1, 2019 - Application process begins
September 1 - December 1, 2019 - Early Bird Application Accepted
December 2, 2019 - Vendor fees increase $50
December 31, 2019 - Vendor applications close
February 28, 2020 - Vendor load in begins
Early Bird Application Fee Processing:
October 1, 2019 - First half (50%) total vendor fee due for all vendors accepted in September.
November 1, 2019 - First half (50%) total vendor fee due for all vendors accepted in October.
December 1, 2019 - Second half or full payment of all accepted vendors in November (50% + any electricity, extra tables, extra chairs, ice fees, etc.).
The credit card information on file will be billed on these dates.
Applications are reviewed by festival management and selected based on, although not limited to, the following:
• Vegan qualifications
• Space availability
• Visual presentation of truck and/food station or tent appearance/product
• Product balance (similar or like menu items within the festival)
• Menu uniqueness and pricing
PRICING (all fees are non-refundable)
• All applications are subject to a $25 application fee and will be charged to the credit card authorization form provided by vendor. All application fees will be due at time of submission.
• All food truck vendors are subject to a $250 fee.
• Electricity usage is subject to fees starting at $75.
• Additional table usage is subject to a $10 fee per table.
• Additional chair usage is subject to a $5 fee per set of 2 chairs.
• 40-pound bag of ice are subject to a $10 fee.
All vendors will be invoiced for fees and charged to the credit card on file. If the payment deadline is missed or if payment is declined, your spot will be forfeited to a vendor on the wait list.
SCHEDULING AND SPACE ASSIGNMENTS
All food truck spaces are approximately 10' deep x 22' wide. Spaces will be assigned on the day of. Confirmation of load-in instructions and times will be sent by email one (1) week prior to the festival. On the day of load in, you are to check in at vendor check-in.
WATER / SODA
No vendor will be allowed to sell or distribute water or soda during the festival. Any vendor found selling or distributing water or canned soda will have to comply or be asked to leave. All other non-alcoholic vegan beverages are allowed to be sold by vendors.
The festival provides a receptacle for grey water and large trash dumpster and recycle bins.
The festival does not provide water, lighting or any cooking oil trash receptacles, fire extinguishers for booths, mops, brooms or additional cleaning equipment. Vendors must supply their own tablecloths, sanitary serving gloves, napkins, plates, serving utensils, sampling cups, sampling toothpicks, etc., if needed. The PHX Vegan Food Festival urges and recommends vendors to use plant-based, biodegradable and recyclable products as much as possible. Each food vendor must provide a sanitary hand washing station, oil & grease fire extinguisher and proper food storage methods and handling techniques at his or her tent as required. Vendors must provide their own company signage and banners.
Per Margaret Hance Park Policy, all food trucks are required to place cardboard under the truck's engine.
Set up begins on Friday, February 28, 2020 @ 10:00am and Saturday, February 29, 2020 @ 7:00am.
No vendor will be allowed to load-in after 4pm on Friday or after 9am on Saturday. All vendors must be moved in and set up by 9:00am Saturday. At that time the safety inspector will be touring the festival grounds.
It is understood that your main infrastructure are to be set up by 9:00am Saturday and all vehicles removed and off-site. Vendors may not break down their booth prior to the end of the festival.
Vendors are fully responsible for their displays including damage, robbery, fire, and acts of God. Vendor agrees to hold The PHX Vegan Food Festival, Davisson Entertainment LLC, and The City of Phoenix released from any liability or claims brought against the vendor. The festival will provide 24-hour security.
TAXES, LICENSES, AND PERMITS
Vendors must have visibly displayed in the front of their truck or station any licenses, certifications, and permits required by the City of Phoenix. The collection and filing of all related taxes is the sole responsibility of each individual vendor. The City of Phoenix has a tax rate of 8.6%. It is required that all participants provide festival management with an Arizona Business Tax License Number. You can apply for a number at 602-255-3381. The PHX Vegan Food Festival and Davisson Entertainment, LLC does not charge a commission on sales transacted by vendors.
Certificates of insurance are required on or before December 31, 2019. Please mail or email to:
• Davisson Entertainment, LLC 2323 W. Mescal Street Suite 207, Phoenix, AZ 85029.
HEALTH, SANITATION, AND SAFETY
Any Food & Beverage vendor participating in the festival for the purpose of selling or offering for sale of any items on the premises must comply with all federal, state, and local health ordinances. This includes obtaining the proper Temporary Event permits or Maricopa County Environmental Health Services permits.
There are absolutely NO refunds for cancellations. All payments are non-refundable.
WAIT-LIST VENDOR NOTIFICATION
Notification of acceptance to Wait-listed vendors begins December 2, 2019 and is ongoing until vacancies are filled.
ADVERTISING & SIGNAGE
Upon acceptance, electronic marketing and promo information will be e-mailed to you. Please use this information to advertise and promote your participation at the festival. We may request various marketing tools from you throughout pre-planning process for future use in marketing and media engagements. It is also understood that upon acceptance, each vendor will allow any publication materials and posters to be displayed at their place of business willingly and in a prime-location.
The PHX Vegan Food Festival and Davisson Entertainment, LLC is a rain or shine festival. In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, credits or refunds will not be granted. No refunds will be allowed.
• All vendors will conduct their business in a professional manner. Behavior by vendors judged to be disruptive or detrimental to the peaceful operation of the festival shall not be allowed.
• Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions should be brought to the immediate attention of the festival manager or vendor coordinator.
• The City of Phoenix, The PHX Vegan Food Festival and Davisson Entertainment, LLC are not responsible for damage or loss or any personal or business belongings. Including money or product.
• Vendors must thoroughly clean their assigned area at the end of the festival day, including removal of ALL waste and debris. This includes cooking grease. The festival does not provide disposal of or removal of grease or other cooking oils. Any vendor leaving debris in rented space will be fined and charged a severe cleaning fee starting at $500 and asked not to participate in future festival programming or events.
Call the Food Vendor Coordinator, Brenda Doppert @ 602-402-4689 or email
I UNDERSTAND THAT ALL PRODUCTS AND FOOD MUST BE VEGAN. THIS MEANS NO MEAT, POULTRY, FISH, EGGS, DAIRY, ANIMAL PARTS OR BYPRODUCTS. THIS ALSO MEANS NO ANIMAL DERIVATIVES SUCH AS HONEY, BROTH, GELATIN, RENNET, LARD, TALLOW, WHEY OR CASEIN.
I UNDERSTAND THAT EACH EXHIBITOR/VENDOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING THEIR OWN "MARICOPA COUNTY-APPROVED" HAND-WASHING STATION, APPROPRIATE FIRE EXTINGUISHER (IF OPEN FLAME IS USED), AND APPROPRIATE SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT TO KEEP FOOD PRODUCT AT THE CORRECT HOT OR COLD TEMPERATURE.
I UNDERSTAND THAT EACH EXHIBITOR/VENDOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ANY APPLICABLE PERMITS, INSURANCE, CITY VENDING FEES AND SALES TAX ASSOCIATED WITH SELLING OR DISTRIBUTING THEIR OWN PRODUCTS AT THE EVENT. PHX VEGAN FOOD FESTIVAL WILL OBTAIN OPERATION, EVENT AND LIQUOR LICENSES AND BASIC EVENT INSURANCE FOR EVENT DURATION. PHX VEGAN FOOD FESTIVAL WILL ALSO OBTAIN PROPER INSPECTIONS AND SECURITY REQUIREMENT, AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
I have read and agree to the terms and policies stated above.
To complete the application, submit your $25 application fee by clicking the secure link below. Your application is NOT complete until payment is received. Thank you.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service