1. Must be 18 years of age
2. Must provide proof of education attainments such as High School and/or College transcripts, or official reports of results on the General Education Development(G.E.D.) tests.
3. Must be able to satisfactorily complete the apprenticeship, including classroom instruction.
4. Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade. Before employment, all applicants conditionally accepted for probationary apprenticeship will be required to pass a physical examination, including drug testing as prescribed by the local Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee.
5. Must provide military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable.
6. Must appear for an interview when notified.
REQUIREMENTS UPON APPRENTICESHIP ACCEPTANCE
1. Serve as a probationary apprentice for a period of 3 months
2. Serve a 4 year apprenticeship, including the probationary period.
3. Report for work as scheduled.
4. Provide your own transportation to and from the job site.
5. Work under the direction of a Journeyperson on the job site and perform duties satisfactorily.
6. Attend related training classes and maintain an acceptable average in those classes.
7. Will be required to purchase necessary hand tools for use after completion of Pre-Job training.
8. Abide by all rules and regulations of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.