Moms are busy people. We want to support each other, but our lack of time sometimes forces us to just do what is easiest. By working together, we hope to make it easier for everyone to find local moms in business!
For the 2013 Membership Year:
- MOBA will predominantly be an online networking group, focused on sharing opportunities and experiences with members through a private Facebook group.
- Members can arrange socials and opportunities to meet up "offline".
- MOBA will focus on sharing show/market dates with each other. MOBA is not planning to organize its "Mom's Time Out" Market this year.
- There will no longer be a membership fee to be involved in the private group or to be listed as a member on the www.momstimeouttallahassee.com web page.
- MOBA organizers will maintain the Mom's Time Out web page, as well as the Facebook and Twitter accounts. Any abuses of these pages will be handled at the discretion of the organizers.
- Members will still be able to share events, sales, and company news on the public Facebook page.
To become a member, you have to meet a few criteria:
- Be a mom-run business. At least one of the owners has to be a mom.
- Be locally based. Your primary business address, even if you are internet based, has to be in the Tallahassee area.
- You must be a currently operating business. Our definition of “business” includes retail, crafters, consultants, service providers, and food vendors.
- You must like to "play nice" with others. Any business engaging in unkind or derogatory behavior or practices will be removed from membership at the discretion of the organizers.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a part of the association, please fill out the application below.
Carrie Fraser and Marlo Fulton,
Organizing Board Members