The Age of Enlightenment Advanced Organizer Submission Form
Your LAST Name
Your FIRST Name
Your class period
1. Which term best describes the following definition: an 18th Century European movement in which thinkers attempted to apply the principles of reason & scientific method to all aspects of society and government.
2. The Age of Enlightenment was also known as?
The Age of Inquiry
The Age of Doubts
The Age of Reason
The Age of Questions
3. Which of the following came before the Age of Enlightenment?
The American Revolution
The French Revolutiuon
The Bolshevik Revolution
The Scientific Revolution
4. During the Enlightenment, thinkers began to question which of the relationships below?
husband and wife
president and congress
courts and the media
people and their government
5. Thinkers who questioned the relationship above during the Age of Enlightenment were known as?
6. As a result of the Enlightenment, countries began to move away from which form of government below?
7. The Enlightenment encouraged which of the following?
formation of strong Absolute Monarchs
creation of fascist dictatorships in Europe
revolutions in America, France, and Latin America
dark ages and famine across Europe
8. Which of the following individuals were Enlightenment thinkers?
all of these and more
9. From the passage, what is an important similarity between the way scientists were thinking during the scientific revolution and the way philosophers were thinking during the Enlightenment?
both wanted to use religion and tradition
both wanted to use experiments
both wanted to use reason and rationalism
both wanted to use Ancient Greece philosophy
9. From the passage, Which of the following was not a question asked by the Enlightenment thinkers?
what kind of laws do we need?
what rights should people have?
what is the best form of government?
what type of revolution should we have?
10. From the passage, Which group of people gained economic power and pushed for political power?
11. Copy and paste your work in the Advanced organizer from question 4 - 9 and paste it into the box below.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service