This scholarship program is nonpartisan and is open to all undergraduate students regardless of political party affiliation, area of student, and internship placement. The scholarship is designated for students with financial need. To learn more about the financial information and qualification requirements, click here: http://harkininstitute.drake.edu/for-students/scholarships/.
In addition to filling out the the application below, each applicant must provide:
1. A typewritten statement not to exceed 500 words. Your essay should address: - How this internship opportunity would expose you to policymakers or to the policymaking process - Why you chose this internship placement - How this internship benefits you in your future education or professional career - Any special financial information you would like the board to consider
2. A copy of your resume.
3. A recommendation letter from a member of the Drake University faculty.
4. An unofficial copy of your transcript from Drake University.
5. An acceptance letter from your internship placement.
6. A signed financial aid statement form.
If you are in need of an ADA accommodation, please contact The Harkin Institute at 515-271-2875.
All applications must be completed and a hard copy delivered to The Harkin Institute, 2429 University Avenue, NO LATER THAN 12:00 P.M., FRIDAY, MARCH 09, 2018.