*VUSD families who would like their child to attend Vail Academy and High School do not have to complete a Transfer Application, please visit http://vahs.vail.k12.az.us/ to complete and submit the VAHS Interest Form directly to VAHS. VAHS does not have traditional attendance boundaries.
2018-2019 School Year -- Online Applications are still being considered for the current school year. Enrollment is based on the availability of space.
2019-2020 School Year -- VUSD will accept online applications between December 1, 2018 through April 1, 2019 (Priority Deadline), one per child each year. The district will continue to accept applications after the April 1, 2019 Priority Deadline based on the availability of enrollment space.
1. Submit one complete online application per student (You application will not be considered until all documentation is submit). PLEASE NOTE: A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH CHILD.
2. Wait for notification (Accepted, Waitlist or Denied).
3. Complete school registration if accepted. The district shall notify the parent/legal guardian in writing no later than May 1st for Elementary and Middle School and June 1st for High School whether the applicant has been accepted, placed on a waiting list pending the availability of space, or denied.
Applications will be reviewed and approved based on available capacity at both the school and grade levels. Should available capacity exist, students will be admitted to a school in the Vail School District based upon the following priorities:
1. Students who are residents of the District and who were enrolled in the school the previous year and any sibling who would be enrolled concurrently with such student.
2. Students who are residents of the District but were not enrolled in the school the previous year wishing to attend a District school outside of their home school attendance boundary area.
3. Students who are not residents of the District (neighboring Districts) who were enrolled in the school the previous year and any sibling who would be enrolled concurrently with such student.
4. Students who are not residents of the District and who were not enrolled in the school the previous year.
Other than students from the home school attendance area, students will only be admitted if the following conditions are met:
1. The school in which a student wishes to attend, must have space for them beyond the space needed for students who live in the designated attendance boundary.
2. A student who has been expelled by any school district who is not in compliance with a condition of disciplinary action imposed by any other school or school district or with a condition imposed by the juvenile court shall not be admitted.
3. Acceptance for enrollment may be revoked if any false or misleading information is provided.
4. Acceptance for enrollment may also be revoked for excessive tardies, truancies, absences, and/or failing to abide by the Vail School District ACT statement.
**In District High School Transfers by Semester**
The deadline to submit HS to HS transfers is 1 month prior to the start of the new semester. Requests to transfer to another high school once the school year begins can be submitted at any time, but will not be processed until the end of the current semester. At the end of each semester, the district will review current enrollment and determine if space is available to accommodate transfers the following semester. After an In-District HS to HS transfer request is approved, a yearly application does not need to be completed.
Current HS Athletes: Please note, there are some Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) restrictions on high school students participating in AIA sports/activities who transfer from one HS to another HS. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions related to this issue.
Depending on answers to the questions in the application, the following supporting documents may be required to send via email to email@example.com (required only if your student is NOT currently enrolled in the VUSD): special education documentation (IEP, 504, MET, Chronic Health Plan), an unofficial high school transcript for incoming grades 10-12 and an unofficial report card for incoming grades K-9.
If you are experiencing issues using Internet Explorer as your browser please try using a different browser, such as Safari, Chrome or FireFox.
PLEASE NOTE: A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH CHILD.
The online application system cannot be saved and completed and submitted at a later date.
* - indicates a required field in the application
After clicking on the "Submit" button at the end of the application, you will receive the following message "Thank you! Your VUSD Application for Open Enrollment/Transfer has been received. Your response has been recorded. If applicable, email all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your application". You will not receive an email confirmation.
Help/questions, please email email@example.com or call Pam Scanlon at 520-879-3982.