Surf Sister Mentorship Application
Emergency Contact and Phone/Email
Comfort Level in the Ocean
List any certificates, licenses, or trainings you have that would be helpful as a Surf Sister
Surf Sister Commitments and Qualifications
1. Have up to date first aid/CPR certification (please include copy of card with application).
If you do not have this please complete an online class or attend the Groundswell group
training (date in May TBD)
2. Attend one of the 3 hour Surf Sister Training (held in May and June date TBD)
3. Be present, punctual, open, sober, and ready to share your stoke with the team at each session
4. All surf levels are welcome! It’s not about how good you surf, but rather about the stoke,
support, and confidence you have in the ocean that you embody and model for the
As a Surfsister mentor what are you interested in
8 week sessions: this is a 1 session a week 8 week commitment
Surf&Service days: these are sprinkled through out the season and run from full day to 2 hours
International Surf&Service Programs
Other skills you would like to offer to help Groundswell heal, empower, and unite women in the waves
What area are you interested in serving as a Surf Sister Volunteer
San Diego: Ocean Beach
San Diego: Encinitas
San Diego: La Jolla
Tell us about you!
1. What does it mean to you to be a surf sister and what are you most looking forward to in the experience?
2. What wisdoms or life lessons has surfing/time in mother ocean given you?
3. Share a time when you encountered a peer with resistance to achieve a goal, overcome a fear, or try something new. How did you handle it and how can you handle this experience in the ocean?
4. What do you wish someone would have told you when you first started surfing?
5. What does surfing mean to you?
6. Are there any other skills or gifts that you would like to volunteer or donate to help Groundswell Community Project continue to grow and be sustainable? (ex: grant writing, video editing, event planning, yoga teacher, fundraising, web design, gear or financial donations, etc)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pitzer College.
Terms of Service