Artscenico Covid-19 Survey
ARTSCENICO, the European Federation for Costume & Production Design, is launching a survey, to gather data about the response of each European country to the Covid-19 Emergency. We want to find out how this has impacted Costume and Art Department Professionals all over Europe.
With this Survey we are trying to map out the European Welfare system in the Entertainment Industry, as well as the impact of the crisis in the different countries, to be able to raise the relative issues with the European Institutions.
Please join us in this effort to improve our working conditions.
IT WILL TAKE YOU NO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES.
The deadline to send your answer is the 25th of June.
1) The Survey is in English but you can get a translation of the questions in your own language from the Production and Costume Design Association of your country. The replies will have to remain in English.
2) If you wish to send any documents relevant to Health/Security Protocols or to the Welfare and Financial Support in your country please send them to:
We really appreciate your collaboration!
1) Are You from the ?
2) Do you practise your activity as a:
Fixed-Term (or Short Term) Employee
Apprenticeship or Trainee Scheme
3) Where Do You Live and Work?
4) Are You a member of?
AUSTRIA – VÖF – Verband Österreichischer FilmausstatterInnen* – Austrian Filmdesigners Association
DENMARK° – DS – Danske Scenografer – Danish Scenographers
FINLAND – TEME LP – Trade Union for Theatre, Film and Television Designers
FRANCE – ADC – Association des Chefs Décorateurs de Cinéma – Association for Cinema Production Designers
FRANCE – AFCCA – Association Française des Costumiers du Cinéma et de l’Audiovisuel – French Association of Costume Designers working for Cinema and Audiovisual Art
FRANCE – MAD – Metiers Associés du Decor – Professionals Associated with Production Design
GERMANY – VdRSD- Verband der Requisiteure und Set Decorator – German Association for Prop Masters and Set Decorators
GERMANY – VSK- Verband der Berufsgruppen Szenenbild und Kostümbild – Association for Professionals in Costume and Production Design
GREAT BRITAIN - BFDG – British Film Designers Guild
ITALY – ASC – Associazione Italiana Scenografi, Costumisti e Arredatori – Italian Production Designer, Costume Designer and Set Decorators Guild
NETHERLAND – ACM Filmprofessionals– Vereniging voor Art, Costume & Make-Up/Hair Design
NORWAY – NSC – Norske Scenografer – NorwegianTtrade Union for Scenographers, Costume Designers, Figurative Theater <designers, Lighting Designers, Video Designers and Sound Designers
PORTUGAL – APCEN – Associação Portuguesa de Cenografia – Portuguese Association for Scenography
SPAIN - AAPEE – Asociacion des Artistas Plasticos Escenicos de Espania
SWEDEN – Teaterförderbundet för Scen och Film – The Swedish Union for Performing Arts and Film
SWITZERLAND – SSFV – Schweizer Syndikat Film und Video – Swiss Syndicate Film and Video
5) What were the emergency measures taken for the Film Industry in your country regarding the Covid-19 crisis?
Complete cessation of activity
Partial cessation of activity
Nothing has changed
6) When was the activity stopped or slowed down ?
7) Were you employed, or about to start a new job, when the activity was stopped ?
8) How many weeks of employment have you lost because of the lock-down
from 1 to 4 weeks
from 5 to 8 weeks
from 9 to 12 weeks
from 13 to 16 weeks
More than 17 weeks
9) Have the Government or other Institutions (Unions, Workers Associations, Charity Funds etc.) implemented any exceptional financial assistance measures to support the Film Industry Professionals?
10) Have You applied to receive any of such Supports?
Yes, Being Processed
11) What kind of Support did you apply for?
(If none of the answers below apply to your case please choose "Other" to explain the details). If you have difficulty explaining in English the kind of support you received, please feel free to write it in your own language.
An emergency support for free-lance professionals calculated on a percentage of your income
An emergency support for employees paid through the payroll of the company you were working with, calculated on a percentage of your salary. (i.e: UK: Furlough Scheme)
An Emergency One-Off Bonus with an amount calculated on the average cost of living in your Area
An Emergency One-Off Bonus, the same amount for the whole country
An Emergency One Off Bonus but there were limitations to access it (i.e.yearly income, days worked)
No Emergency Support just regular Unemployment Benefit
No Support at all
12) Was it easy to get those supports?
13) How Long is the support for?
One Month from Application
Up to Three Months from Application
Up to Six Months from Application
14) Are you satisfied with this support ?
Yes, but needs improvement
Not at all
15) Have you already gone back to work?
Yes we have resumed activity
Not yet, but we have an Official Date to resume activity
No, there is no Official Date
16) Please specify the date when you were (or will be) allowed to go back to work. If there is not an official date for when the Film Industry activity will resume in your country please indicate a date when you think it will be possible.
17) Did you receive a Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocol or specific Guidelines to resume activities?
Yes, from Production Company
Yes, from my Association
Yes, from Unions
Yes, from Government
No, I have not received any guidelines
18) If you received a Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocol/Guidelines, how realistic do you think the measures and recommendations are?
Very realistic and easy to follow
Very realistic but difficult to follow
Quite realistic but need improvement
Not realistic at all and impossible to follow
19) Do you think that practising social distancing will be possible in our line of work ?
20) Would you go back to work if safety measures are not fully implemented?
21) Would you accept to sign a release of the employer’s safety obligations that will allow the Production company to take no responsibility for your health and safety if it was the only condition of being hired for a job?
22) Please add any opinion on how this crisis will impact the Film Industry and about the Welfare for Film Industry professionals in a time of emergency.
(You can write up to 2000 characters including spaces)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service