· We create Action Teams of 10 peers each (Team Lead, Co-Lead, and eight peers) - Teams do not have to be school based.
· We focus our knowledge on Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription Drugs and Club/Synthetic Drugs; Good mental health (prevent, bullying, suicide, self harm, and Health (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep)
· We receive training on how substance abuse affects our lives and the lives of those we care about
· We discuss substance abuse problems and challenges that we see in our communities
· We lead our Action Teams in becoming positive role models at school and in the community
· We create Personal Life and Health Plans to keep us on track for our future
· We educate our parents
· We educate our peers
· We educate younger children (Health Rocks! Media Detective, Media Ready)
· We take part in policy change by talking to and writing to our elected government officials
· We write Letters to the Editor
· We interview adults and community leaders
· We use social media (FB, Twitter, Text) to spread positive messages
· We participate in National Prevention Activities: National Drug Fact Week; National Kick Butts Day; National Alcohol Awareness Month, Suicide Prevention, Town Hall Meeting and Recovery Month Celebration.
· We serve the community in many ways: We give away book bags and Christmas gifts; participate in community clean ups and more
· We have fun: Alcohol and Drug Free dances and events; Leadership retreats
· We raise funds to support the ongoing efforts of T.R.Y
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE!