Presenters come from a myriad of backgrounds, providing a variety of workshop topics specific to the needs of youth development and afterschool programming. We invite you to propose an interactive presentation that will expand the knowledge and skills of attendees and leave them with fresh ideas to implement in their programs. UAN values your knowledge and expertise and appreciates your interest in presenting.
Conference Information:The 15th annual Jump Start Conference will be held on November 1-2, 2019 at the Eccles Conference Center in Ogden, Utah. The overall theme for the conference is "Shaping the Future."
1. All sessions run concurrently with other sessions in 60 minute and 90 minute blocks.
2. Sessions should use a lively and interactive format that will facilitate networking among participants.
3. Sessions should provide opportunities for meaningful engagement in which the audience is stimulated and empowered to take action in their work with youth.
4. UAN will provide projectors, audio, and a conference app which can be used to provide participants with handouts and copies of slides. Any other materials required for the presentations are the responsibility of the presenter.
5. For returning presenters: If you are interested in presenting a session that you have previously given at a UAN conference or workshop, please be mindful of how you can update and enhance your session for attendees.
TIMETABLEProposals are due August 9, 2019. UAN will notify you of your selection status in early-to-mid September. For those selected, presentation edits (if necessary) will be due to UAN on or before Monday, September 30, 2019. UAN may choose to conditionally accept some proposals provided that certain changes are made. The lead presenter of accepted proposals will receive a 50% discount off their conference registration, if they wish to attend.
Please contact Emilie or Amberley with questions at 801-359-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org