The Maine Food Strategy is an initiative to create a broader and more strongly connected network of organizations, agencies, businesses and individuals contributing to the food system in Maine. The initiative has two part-time staff and a 9 to 15 member Steering Committee that works with partners to advance goals established in the 2016 Maine Food Strategy Framework.
The Steering Committee plays an important role in providing oversight for the initiative and guiding its work and activities. Thank you for submitting a nomination!
* Passionate about strengthening Maine agriculture, fisheries and related businesses.
* Knowledgeable in their field of expertise and interested in learning about the broader food system in Maine.
* Maintain strong personal networks within their field and/or the broader Maine food system.
* Representative of a stakeholder interest (Including but not limited to producers, fishermen/lobstermen, processors, distributors, retailers, service agencies, policy advocates, government agencies, resource conservation interests)
* Able to serve up to two years and to commit 4-8 hours per month to the project (includes travel time).
Nominations will be accepted through July 26, 2019. FMI: Tanya Swain, Project Director, firstname.lastname@example.org