• Designers must be no younger than 13 years of age and no older than 19 years of age (however, models can be any age).
• An entry can be from an individual or a team; however, prizes are based on an individual entrant.
• Designers are strongly encouraged to attend one of two meetings scheduled on Monday, April 16, & Wednesday, April 18, at 6 PM in the Manatee County Downtown Central Library (1301 Barcarrota Boulevard West, Bradenton 34205).
• Designers may model their own creations or choose a model (they provide) to wear the piece for them.
• Each entrant (or team of entrants) is permitted to enter one piece/outfit/ensemble, using recycled materials.
• Make-up artists and hair stylists will be available to contestants and models at least 2 hours before the show for those contestants and models who choose to use these services. Contestants and their models can choose to do their own hair and makeup.
• The piece/outfit/ensemble that each designer enters into the show/contest must be “family friendly” in nature. Any piece/outfit/ensemble deemed inappropriate will not be displayed.
• Entries will be displayed on a catwalk. Judges will ask the designers various questions about their pieces/outfits/ensemble and their design and creation process, and points will be based on creativity, presentation and use of recycled materials.
These rules also are posted on our Teen Recycled Dreams Fashion Show Webpage and in our 2018 Winter/Spring Program Guide. Any questions should be directed to Youth Librarians Chris Culp at email@example.com or Chris O’Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.