Sign up to get updates and get involved in our effort to stop Avangrid/Iberdrola's takeover of PNM.
Avangrid is a subsidiary of Iberdrola, a giant international energy conglomerate with deep ties to Qatar and BlackRock and an abysmal worldwide record of alarming practices including:
- Putting profits before people - raising rates, overcharging customers, pursuing false debts from non-customers, and skimping on service and safety to maximize shareholder profit.
- Operating outside the law, ignoring regulations, using their enormous financial clout to bend the rules in their favor, donating large sums of money to politicians to support their agenda.
- Gaslighting and greenwashing their environmental record while working behind the scenes to obstruct climate action, even funding groups opposing climate policies.
- Using subsidiaries and manipulating markets to gain monopoly control, manipulate prices, and shut out competition.
- Demonstrating their disrespect for New Mexico law, regulatory oversight and public opinion when they refused to take our NO for an answer and brought their merger application back after manipulating the democratic process.