Alumni Ambassador Application
As an UMSL Optometry alumni ambassador, you will play a significant role in enhancing UMSL Optometry by increasing the visibility of the college’s alumni network, while sharing your time and talent with prospective and current students as well as other alumni.
The Alumni Ambassador program is comprised of UMSL Optometry alumni volunteers who have agreed to serve as a resource for various levels of programming within the university and local communities. This is an opportunity for alumni to give back to the university and for prospective and current students to benefit from our graduates’ experience.
Ways to Serve as an Alumni Ambassador
• Wear your UMSL Optometry gear and serve as a representative of the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Optometry.
• Connect with alumni colleagues to remind them about upcoming events.
• Share UMSL Optometry updates with prospective students in your region.
• Reach out to new graduates in your area and welcome them to the alumni network.
• Volunteer your time by attending alumni events and share your experiences.
• Advocate on behalf of UMSL Optometry and the profession in your networks including social media.
• Assist with presentations or college visits in your area to share your experiences as an UMSL Optometry student and now as an optometrist.
• Host prospective students by inviting them to shadow in your offices.
• Assist with recruitment events in your area as your availability allows.
• Help promote the profession
• Serve a mentor to prospective students
• Tell us about your success in an alumni profile. Contribute to our blog.
• Contribute to the Alumni publication. Share photos, events, life happenings, experiences.
• Participate in Virtual Fairs and Webinars.
• Support the transition from graduate to engaged young professional as they plan for the area of practice, running a business, and work through licensing procedures.
We are always looking for creative ways for alumni to volunteer. If you have a different idea for how you would like to give back, contact us. Email Nick Palisch at
to join the Alumni Ambassador program or discuss your ideas.
First and Last Name:
Phone Number (Preferred):
Phone Number (Secondary/Office):
Undergraduate Institution Name:
Year graduated from UMSL Optometry:
Practice Setting: (Private Independent, Private Employed, Corporate Employed, Academia, Hospital, Rural, OD/MD, Other)
Why did you choose UMSL:
How are you Interested in participating? Check all that apply:
Phone/Emai communication with prospective, current, and recent graduates
Mentoring current optometry students, prospective students, recent grauates
Permitting shadowing in your practice
Virtual recruitment fairs
Writing for Alumni publications
Hosting small events at various locations
Feel free to list any other ways you feel you can be an Ambassador for UMSL Optometry:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service