2020 Solstice Parade and Workshop Application
2020 Solstice Parade Application
The Summer Solstice Celebration Team is excited to have you and your organization involved in this year's parade, festival and workshop!
The 2020 Solstice PARADE will be SATURDAY, JUNE 20, 2020 starting at noon at State & Cota Streets in Santa Barbara, CA.
The 2020 SOLSTICE FESTIVAL is Friday, June 19th through Sunday, June 21st, at Alameda Park.
The WORKSHOP located at 631 Garden Street move in begins May 1st, 2020. The Workshop will be open to the public starting May 15, 2020.
2020 THEME: Beautiful Earth!
We encourage you to design and create a float and ensemble from ideas that align with this theme. Need assistance with brainstorming or completing this application? Contact
This application is intended to help the Solstice team support you and your team to execute your idea. This application will help Solstice to determine how to allocate material resources, staff, volunteers and help us get the word early via our marketing channels about all of the great groups involved in Solstice!
1. CONTACT INFO - Who's involved, just your organization or would you like us to send more people your way, or is just you an your idea and you want to build a team?
2. YOUR IDEA - What is your idea for a float or ensemble? How does this celebrate "wonder"? Who is involved? What will people be doing, i.e.: Dancing, singing etc. What do you want your float to look like or do? Will you have amplified music?
3. MATERIALS - Be sure to include the following: 1. What supplies and materials do you have? 2. What materials do you need from Solstice? 3. What expertise do you need to support your plan from Solstice? Do you have a sponsor?
4. HOW MANY PEOPLE in your group? (Each adult is $45 to utilize workshop space, materials and staff during May - June workshop. This fee includes a $15 parade fee. Parade fees goes up to $20 after June 14.
Children under 12 years in the parade are $10. )
5. PERFORM OUTSIDE OF PARADE? Would you like to perform during the Solstice Festival Friday, Saturday or Sunday at Alameda Park in addition to the Parade?
6. MORE DETAILS - This section helps us with reporting info for grants or sponsorships and helps us reach out to populations that are not represented in our Parade and Festival.
7. MARKETING - We want to be able to get to know you and market the cool stuff your doing! Send us photos, bios or social media handles so we can spread the word. Send photos of float and ensembles in progress, during or after the parade and festival to
Entrant's First Name
Entrant's Last Name
Ensemble Name or Group
Country if out of the U.S
Float or Ensemble Description (brief, 2 sentences or less)
Lead Contact Name for your Ensemble (if different than yours)
Will there be less than 5 people in your ensemble?
Estimated number of people in your ensemble?
Will your ensemble include a float?
Do you want to build your float at the workshop?
If desiring to build your float at the workshop, what materials are you hoping to use?
Amplified music in your group?
Not sure yet
Ages in Group
All Under 18
If filling out this application online and want to pay in person at the workshop, a staff person will process your payment via square or take cash or check.
After your payment is received you can pick up your (workshop or parade) wristband at the workshop at 631 Garden Street or on parade day at the intersection of State and Cota starting at 10 AM on June 20th.
Via MAIL to:
Checks payable to: Summer Solstice Celebration. P.O. Box 21141, Santa Barbara, CA 93121
WORKSHOP & PARADE
payments via paypal can be made at the links below.
Link to $45 Workshop Fee (that includes $15 parade fee)
Link to Teen Workshop Fee
Link to $15 Parade Fee (Until Sunday, June 14, 2020)
Link to $20 Parade fee (Between June 15 - June 19, 2020)
Link to $10 Teen or Child under 12 Parade Fee
Link to $20 Teen or Child under 12 Parade fee (June 15 --19, 2020)
Interested in Performing at Pre-events or at the Festival? Let us know!
In exchange for participation in the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade, the workshop, and all related activities and events, I, for myself, my successors, heirs, assigns, executors, and administrators:
1. AGREE that prior to participating in any activity or event, I will inspect the facilities, equipment and materials to be used, and if I believe any of them are unsafe, I will immediately advise the person supervising the event, activity, facility or area;
2. ACKNOWLEDGE I understand my participation may involve risk of serious injury or death, including economic losses that may result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment or areas where the event or activity is being conducted, and simply from the nature of the event and activities themselves;
3. AGREE TO ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY TO MYSELF, including, but not limited to, medical or hospital bills, permanent or partial disability, death, and damage to my property, caused by or arising from my participation in the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade and all related activities and events. The participant acknowledges the workshop space is in a construction zone and contains dangerous conditions;
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR PRESENT ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH against SUMMER SOLSTICE CELEBRATION, INC.,the Santa Barbara Arts Collaborative, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, and any of their officers, members of the board of directors, agents, volunteers, or employees, as well as my fellow participants in the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade and all related activities and events, for acts attributable in any way to my participation in said events or activities;
5. RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE SUMMER SOLSTICE CELEBRATION, INC.,the Santa Barbara Arts Collaborative, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, and any of their officers, members of the board of directors, agents, volunteers, or employees, as well as my fellow participants in the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade and all related events and activities, from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, demands, or causes of action against them arising from or attributable in any way to my participation in the events or activities, whether same shall arise by their negligence or otherwise;
6. AGREE that photographs, pictures, slides, movies or videos may be taken of me in connection with my participation in these events or activities without compensation from anyone, and I consent to the use of these photographs, pictures, slides, movies or videos for any legal purpose;
7. ACKNOWLEDGE that SUMMER SOLSTICE CELEBRATION, INC., the Santa Barbara Arts Collaborative, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA are not joint sponsors, joint venturers, partners, or otherwise jointly engaged in production of the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade or any other related event or activity; and
8. ACKNOWLEDGE I have read (or someone has read to me) and understood the Summer Solstice Celebration Guidelines regarding participation in the Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade and related events and activities, and agree to follow and abide by said Guidelines at all times.
THIS DOCUMENT RELIEVES SUMMER SOLSTICE CELEBRATION, INC., THE SANTA BARBARA ARTS COLLABORATIVE, THE CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, THE COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, MY FELLOW PARADE PARTICIPANTS, AND ALL OF THE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND VOLUNTEERS OF THE FOREGOING FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE. I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT (OR HAD IT READ TO ME), UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY.
I agree to above waiver
We want to market your ensemble or float in advance!
Send photos of float and ensembles in progress, during or after the parade and festival to
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Summer Solstice Celebration.