Online Training - School Starters: An Introduction to Down Syndrome
Our training provider, LETS Go! UK, has developed an online training programme covering "School Starters - An Introduction To Down Syndrome"
This session will be a chance for staff who are new to working with a child with DS to forward plan for September and think about how the team around the child can all work together. It is also a great refresher for those already supporting pupils with Down syndrome, as well as parents.
The training course will cover an introduction to the learning profile of children with Down syndrome including their speech and language difficulties as well as 3 in-depth workshops:
• Developing literacy skills
• Developing number skills
• Differentiating the curriculum to meet the needs of children with Down syndrome.
The training has been broken down in to 4 videos (approx. 45-60 minutes each) for people to watch whenever best suits them within a limited 2 week duration.
Delegates will be supplied with the links to access the 4 private videos via YouTube. They will also be supplied with handouts, work sheets for each session (which will take approximately 20 minutes to complete) and instructions on how to submit any questions.
In addition, delegates are invited to join a live online Q&A session via Zoom with Becky Baxter. She will answer questions that you submit after watching the videos and completing the set tasks. If there is time, you may also be able to raise further questions during the live sessions. Joining the Q&A session is not compulsory but is highly recommended. The Q&A session will be recorded and made available to view for a limited period after the event.
The timescales for the training are as follows:
• Monday 6th July – all 4 videos will be made available to view online. Worksheets and handouts will also be circulated.
• Sunday 12th July - completed worksheets and questions must be submitted by 9pm to LETS Go! in preparation for a live Q&A session.
• Wednesday 15th July from 7-8pm – a live Q&A session will take place via Zoom.
• Thursday 16th July – a video of the Q&A session will be available to view online
• Monday 20th July – the 4 training videos and the recording of the Q&A session will be removed and no longer available to view.
To access the videos you will need to supply an email address which is assigned to your YouTube account. Links to the videos will be sent to the email address you supply for each delegate and cannot be shared with any other user so it is imperative that you register the person who will be accessing the training.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service