Queer Student Commission Internship 2019-2020
Thank you for your interest in working as an intern for the ASUW Queer Student Commission for the 2019-2020 school year! Please only apply if you are able to commit to the entire school year.
We are looking for committed, driven, and innovative students excited about building community and engaging in queer activism on campus.
We at the QSC are committed to serving marginalized populations. We believe the best teams consist of individuals who come from diverse backgrounds. If you consider yourself to belong to a marginalized population within the queer community, we highly encourage you to apply.
The ASUW Queer Student Commission is thrilled to offer the following four internships:
Programming Intern (two positions)
- bring fresh ideas for QSC programming
- ensure accessibility for all QSC programming
- support in event planning
- attend QSC events to support with execution
- communicate with other ASUW commissions, The Q Center, RSOs such as QPOCA (Queer People of Color Alliance), and larger Seattle community to understand intersectional needs
- attend weekly Student Senate meetings & complete weekly report
- draft senate bills that serve the interests of queer students
- maintain an understanding of current issues affecting the lives of queer students
- communicate with on & off campus political groups, especially Advo-QTs
Outreach & Engagement Intern
- maintain QSC social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, website)
- attend Student Safety Advisory Board meetings & complete a report for each meeting
- advertise all QSC programming by ensuring flyers and signage are posted across campus
- investigate ways the QSC can reach larger populations
Time commitment: average of 3.5 hours per week. This will vary week to week, with some weeks (i.e. weeks with major events) having more hours and some weeks having fewer.
While these are distinct positions, these positions will work together as a team and are required to participate in weekly team meetings and/or 1:1 check-ins with the Director, and each other.
Application closes October 24 at 11:59pm
If you have any questions please contact
. Office hours online at
. We look forward to reading your applications.
If you'd like to talk through your application with someone, we highly encourage you to visit a writing center on campus.
Interdisciplinary Writing Studio:
Odegaard Writing & Research Center:
how did you hear about this internship?
which intern position are you interested in?
Outreach & Engagement Intern
what are some of your most salient identities?
why are you interested in interning with the ASUW Queer Student Commission?
what is your understanding of the term "intersectionality," what does it mean to you personally for your identities? how do you practice it?
how will you navigate instances when constituents, other entities, or individuals have opinions that differ from yours?
what specific strengths and skills will you bring to this internship?
where do you hope to grow and learn in this internship?
do you have any concerns?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UW.
Terms of Service