Please join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for a panel discussion in support of common-sense immigration reform. This event will highlight the economic contribution of Illinois’ immigrant communities as a critical part of Illinois’ road to recovery.
DID YOU KNOW:
-Immigrants started 28 percent of all new U.S. businesses in 2011, despite accounting for just 12.9 percent of the U.S. population.
-Illinois’s 56,567 Latino-owned businesses had sales and receipts of $10.3 billion and employed 77,449 people in 2007, the last year for which data is available.
-The state’s 59,367 Asian-owned businesses had sales and receipts of $18.5 billion and employed 102,991 people, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2007 Survey of Business Owners.
Join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition and the US Chamber of Commerce - Great Lakes Region as we gather to celebrate and highlight the economic contributions of Illinois' immigrant communities at Tony Hu's Lao Sze Chuan.
• Tariq Butt, Medical Officer, ACCESS Community Health Network
• Pedro J. Cevallos - Candau, Co-Founder & Executive Vice President, Primera
• Tony Hu, Tony Hu Food Gourmet
• David C. Namkung, Founder and Managing Partner, Clarity Partners
• Jesse Ruiz, Corporate & Securities Partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
• Smita Shah, President & CEO, SPAAN Tech Inc.