Baking Basic Brownies Recipe
Baking Basic Brownies Recipe(10 Questions)
Students read and understand grade-level-appropriate material. They draw upon a variety of comprehension strategies as needed (e.g.; referencing the text, following procedures, striving for accuracy, generating and responding to essential questions, making predictions refer to the text, comparing information from several sources). These are some of the many strategies used in 'close reading'.
From David Anker's Portfolio of Recipes
Classic Chocolate Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
Using the ingredients in the quantities listed below, follow this recipe to make delicious brownies:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
Stir the brown sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs and mix well.
In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch squares.
4 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. True or False: When measuring solid chocolate in 1-inch pieces you should use a measuring cup.
2. What is the first thing that you should do after you have all ingredients "mise en placed"?
preheat the oven to 350°F
butter the baking pan
melt the chocolate and butter
start mixing chocolate chips with batter
3. How many eggs do you need for this recipe?
4. For how long should you bake the brownies from this recipe?
5. What equipment is used to melt the chocolate and butter for this recipe?
Ceramic Bowl in Microwave
Plastic container in Oven
Flat Pan in Pizza oven
Double Broiler on stove
6. After removing the chocolate and butter mixture from heat and letting it cool, what is the next step?
Stir brown sugar and vanilla into chocolate mixture
Add chocolate chips
Put mixture in oven
7. After making this recipe, how many brownies should you have?
8. True or False: For this recipe, you can use light or dark brown sugar.
9. What is the last ingredient that goes into the batter for this recipe?
10. After taking the brownies out of the oven, for how long should they cool before cutting them into 2-inch squares?
Amazing Brownies made by David Anker (Store in a sealed container to maintain freshness for several days.)
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service