The AZCDC initiative is led by Global Ties Arizona in partnership with local and international like-minded organizations and educational institutions. Global Ties Arizona is a member of the World Affairs Council of America and Global Ties US.
The Emerging Ambassador Fellowship provides a unique, interactive, and professional opportunity for current students or recent graduates to build their diplomacy skillsets. The fellowship offers dynamic insight into the world of professional and educational exchanges, international affairs, and public diplomacy. The fellowship is intended to compliment academic studies or professional pursuits.
Expectations of Emerging Ambassadors is as follows:
1. Engage in Global Ties Arizona events as available, including the monthly Global Cafe and the annual CHINA Town Hall.
2. Propose and conduct specialty research on a topic involving Arizona and international issues. Successful research identifies an area of opportunity and provides potential solutions. The final product will be a prepared briefing/white paper to present to the Board of Directors.
3. Participate in and assist in facilitating a Foreign Policy Association’s Great Decisions Series discussion group.
4. Provide context and support to inbound delegations as a qualified, engaging Arizona Ambassador. Involvement includes attending the welcome reception, chaperoning key resource appointments, taking candid photos, and conducting brief interviews with IVLP participants.
5. Undergo international protocol training.
6. Most suitable for well-qualified recent graduates, graduate students, or exceptional undergraduate students interested in foreign relations, international business, diplomacy, and political science.
7. The Emerging Ambassador Fellowship Program is for a year from the date of acceptance. The Fellowship Program is meant as an extracurricular supplement and enhance current studies and professional experience. Estimated hours of involvement will vary depending on the projects, events, and delegations scheduled.