Equipment and Facilities Use Contract
I. Food and drinks are NOT permitted in the Post-Production facilities.
• First violation gets a warning - items are immediately removed from facilities.
• Second violation: offender is asked to leave the premises, becomes subject to a 24-hour ban.
• Third and subsequent violations: offender is asked to leave the premises, becomes subject to a 72-hour ban.
• Please make reservations to guarantee access.
• Reservations should be made in person.
• All workstations can be reserved for up to four hours and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
• Teams are not allowed to book back-to-back reservations. If you wish to continue working and there is no reservation after yours, you may renew your reservation with a lab employee.
• If you have not checked in within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment, we reserve the right to reassign the space.
• We will note those who persistently sign up and do not honor their reservations.
• To cancel your Audio Post reservation, please call: 617-824-8865.
• To cancel your Digital Post reservation, please call: 617-824-8971.
• To cancel your Film Post reservation, please call: 617-824-8848.
• To cancel your EML reservation, please call: 617-824-3967.
• Walk-ins are allowed but reservations are strongly suggested.
• Please notify staff when you are finished with your workstation.
• Use of Mix A and Mix B require instructor permission and reservations must be made with a Post Manager.
III. Respect the facilities, employees and other users.
• Lab Assistants are trained to provide technical support, please ask for assistance.
• No feet up on chairs or tables.
• No removal of chairs from assigned spaces to other rooms.
• Wear headphones for all audio work in the open labs.
• Keep group discussions to lowered voices in labs so as not to distract others.
IV. All students are required to leave the labs 15 minutes before any scheduled class in order to allow a smooth transition for the incoming class.
V. Theft happens. Please protect your personal property.
VI. All users are required to provide their own media storage. We are not responsible for lost, deleted or corrupted data.
***Please note - lab computers are wiped every night, and suites are wiped every week.***
VII. Post Production Facilities Access Priorities:
• 7th Floor Classrooms - Enrolled VMA Audio Students
• 6th and 8th Floor Digital Suites – Enrolled VMA Students
• 5th and 8th Floor Steenbeck Suites – Enrolled VMA Film Students
• 3rd Floor Emerging Media Lab and Suites - Enrolled VMA Game Design, Animation, and 360 Video students
Television Radio & Film Production
Post Production Facilities (Audio, DPL & Film)
Student ID #
Emerson E-mail Address
Course Name, Number and Section
Course Days and Time
House #, Street, City, State, Zip
House #, Street, City, State Zip
I understand and agree that audio, film and video related equipment or facility issued to me, or assigned to me for use, is on loan from the Trustees of Emerson College. I agree to observe and abide by all policies and procedures pertaining to use of said facility or equipment. I further understand and agree that I am financially responsible for said equipment and/or facility in the event of loss or damage (including, but not limited to, that resulting from theft, negligence, abuse, or gross misuse) while it is in my possession. I release Emerson College from all liability for loss or damage to my production project. I have read the accompanying Policy and Procedures document, understand it, and agree to all provisions.
By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree to the terms of the MTP Equipment and Facilities Use Contract above.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Emerson College.
Terms of Service